Experience

About me

Prof Eric Rosenthal MD, FRCP, MRCPCH qualified as a medical practitioner at the University of Cape Town. He subsequently underwent full training in bo...

Show full description


Services & pricing

Balloon angioplasty


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Cardiac ablation procedures


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Cardiac pacemaker implantation


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Defect closure


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


ECG Echocardiogram


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


ECG Exercise treadmill


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


ECG recorder


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Exercise electrocardiography


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


First visit Paediatric Cardiology


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Intracardiac Electrophysiology Study (EPS)


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Paediatric echocardiography


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Radiofrequency catheter ablation


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Subsequent visits Paediatric Cardiology


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Tilt Test


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital


Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)


Lambeth Palace Road, London

Evelina Children's Hospital


Great Maze Pond, London

Guy's Hospital

Patients reviews

No reviews of the doctor

This doctor doesn't have any reviews from patients. Be the first one to write one.

Post your review

Questions solved

%{Count} solved patients' doubts in Doctoralia


  • Question about Double aortic arch

    Is having a double aortic arch hereditary?

    Short answer is no.

    Long answer: The risk of a heart condition in the child of any couple is about 8/1000 or just under 1%. If the couple have an affected child the risk goes up to between 2 - 3% for (the same or a different) heart condition; thus still a 97%+ chance of not having a further affected child. If a parent was born with a heart condition then there is a 4 - 6% chance of their child being born with (the same or a different) heart condition); thus still a 94%+ chance of not having an affected child. There are certain heart conditions with a higher - up to 10% recurrence of the same condition but a double aortic arch does not fall into this category.

    Prof. Eric Rosenthal

  • Question about Cardicor

    I have supraventricular taquicardia (s.v.t.) was put on cardicor 4 months ago. was told I could have a operation, witch I understand about, but was advised to take cardicor. I keep thinking I would be better to have the opp rather than take them for as long as they work. cannot stop thinking it is my doctors easy way out. Im 63 years. what should I do?

    The management of SVT depends on the severity of the attacks and their frequency. When they only last seconds to minutes and occur rarely then no treatment may be acceptable. When they last longer, are more frequent or are not well tolerated then treatment is usually necessary. Medication (cardicor is one of several different medications) and catheter ablation (a curative procedure under a local anaesthetic) are both effective treatments. The decision can be made by the patient after discussing the advantages and disadvantages of both treatments. Catheter ablation is now the treatment of choice for most patients with SVT.

    Prof. Eric Rosenthal

All the contents published in Doctoralia.co.uk, especially medical question and answers, are informative and in no case must be considered a substitute for medical advice.

Experience

About me

Prof Eric Rosenthal MD, FRCP, MRCPCH qualified as a medical practitioner at the University of Cape Town. He subsequently underwent full training in bo...

Show full description


Specializations

  • Interventional paediatric cardiology
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Echo-cardiography
See more