Usage of Tridestra
Indications: HRT for menopausal symptoms. Prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis
Contra Indications: Cancer
of breast, genital tract or other oestrogen-dependent carcinoma, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding or endometriosis
. Active thrombophlebitis
or thromboembolic disorders. Severe cardiac, hepatic or renal disease. Dubin-Johnson or Rotor syndromes. Pregnancy, lactation
Drug description Tridestra
Drug description: Estradiol valerate, white tablets; estradiol valerate/ medroxyprogesterone acetate, blue tablets; placebo, yellow tablets
Generic name: Estradiol [oestradiol], medroxyprogesterone acetate
Drug class description: Oestrogens / progestogens
Special precautions Tridestra
History or increased risk of thromboembolic disorders. Mild chronic liver disease; monitor liver function every 8 to 12 weeks. Closely monitor patients with cholelithiasis, sclerosis, epilepsy, diabetes, hypertension, porphyria, uterine fibroids, tetany. Examine blood pressure, pelvic organs and breasts (particularly those with fibrocystic disease of the breast or a family history of breast cancer) before and regularly during treatment. If breakthrough bleeding is persistent, perform endometrial assessment, which may include biopsy
Adverse and side effects Tridestra
GI upset, nausea, vomiting, weight gain, breast tenderness and enlargement, breakthrough bleeding, headache, dizziness, impaired liver function, cholestatic jaundice, epistaxis, migraine, thromboembolic disorders, exacerbation of varicose veins, increased blood pressure, transient erythema, generalised pruritus. REASONS FOR IMMEDIATE DISCONTINUATION OF TREATMENT: Occurence of migraine-type headaches for the first time, frequent severe headaches, acute visual disturbances, signs of thrombophlebitis or thromboembolism, or any other possible prodromal symptoms of vascular occlusion. Rise in blood pressure. Jaundice. Pregnancy. Discontinue six weeks before major elective surgery and during immobilisation entailing risk of thrombosis
Tridestra Tablets, estradiol valerate 2 mg (70); estradiol valerate 2 mg , medroxyprogesterone acetate 20 mg (14); placebo (7)
Do you have a question about Tridestra?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The experts will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
- The question and its answers will be visible to everyone.
- Do not advertise your practice or clinic.
- Do not include contact information nor links.
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional and it is not meant to provide second opinions about specific cases.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.