Usage of Rennie Duo
Indications: Symptomatic treatment of complaints resulting from gastro- oesophageal reflux and hyperacidity, such as regurgitation and heartburn
Contra Indications: Severe renal insufficiency, hypercalcaemia and pre-existing hypophosphataemia. Nephrolithiasis
associated with calcium-containing stones. calcium-containing stones. Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients
Drug description Rennie Duo
Drug description: Oral suspension
Generic name: Calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, sodium alginate
Drug class description: Reflux suppressants
Special precautions Rennie Duo
Avoid prolonged use. If the symptoms persist or abate only partially, further medical examination is required. As with other antacids, RennieR Duo can mask the symptoms of a gastric malignancy
. Impaired renal function - monitor plasma calcium and magnesium levels. Long-term use at high doses can result in hypercalcaemia, magnesaemia and milk-alkali syndrome
, especially in patients with renal insufficiency. Prolonged use possibly enhances the risk for the development of renal calculi. 10 mL of suspension contain 120 mg of sodium which should be considered for patients on a restricted sodium diet
Adverse and side effects Rennie Duo
Hypermagnesaemia or hypercalcaemia and alkalosis, especially in patients with impaired renal function, after prolonged use of high does
Presentation Rennie Duo
Rennie Duo Suspension, calcium carbonate 1200mg, magnesium carbonate 140mg, sodium alginate 300mg per 10mL dose
Do you have a question about Rennie Duo?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The experts will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
- The question and its answers will be visible to everyone.
- Do not advertise your practice or clinic.
- Do not include contact information nor links.
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional and it is not meant to provide second opinions about specific cases.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.