Usage of Kliofem
Indications: Menopausal symptoms, prophylaxis of postmenopausal osteoporosis
Contra Indications: Cancer of breast, genital tract or other oestrogen-dependent carcinoma, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding or endometriosis
. Active thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders. Severe cardiac, hepatic or renal disease
. Dubin-Johnson or Rotor syndromes. Pregnancy, lactation
See more consultants related to Kliofem in United Kingdom
Drug description Kliofem
Drug description: Yellow tablets marked NOVO 286
Generic name: Estradiol [oestradiol], norethisterone
Drug class description: Oestrogens / progestogens
Special precautions Kliofem
History or increased risk of thromboembolic disorders. Mild chronic liver disease; monitor liver function every 8 to 12 weeks. Closely monitor patients with cholelithiasis, otosclerosis, migraine, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, diabetes, hypertension, porphyria, uterine fibroids, tetany. Examine blood pressure, pelvic organs and breasts (particularly those with fibrocystic disease of the breast or a family history of breast cancer) before and regularly during treatment. If breakthrough bleeding is persistent, perform endometrial assessment, which may include biopsy
Adverse and side effects Kliofem
GI upset, nausea, vomiting, weight gain, breast tenderness and enlargement, breakthrough bleeding, headache, dizziness, impaired liver function, cholestatic jaundice, epistaxis, migraine, thromboembolic disorders, exacerbation of varicose veins, increased blood pressure, transient erythema, generalised pruritus. REASONS FOR IMMEDIATE DISCONTINUATION OF TREATMENT: Occurence of migraine-type headaches for the first time, frequent severe headaches, acute visual disturbances, signs of thrombophlebitis or thromboembolism, or any other possible prodromal symptoms of vascular occlusion. Rise in blood pressure. Jaundice. Pregnancy. Discontinue six weeks before major elective surgery and during thrombosis
Kliofem Tablets, estradiol 2 mg , norethisterone acetate 1 mg
Do you have a question about Kliofem?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The experts will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
- The question and its answers will be visible to everyone.
- Do not advertise your practice or clinic.
- Do not include contact information nor links.
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional and it is not meant to provide second opinions about specific cases.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.