Question about Elleste DuetHi I have been period free for four months and 6 days ago I started Elleste Duet 1mg. I am now bleeding. Is this a return of my normal period or could the tablets have triggered this and so soon?
It is quite normal to have some sort of breakthrough bleeding in the first six months of HRT. The likelihood is that the bleeding will settle on its own but you need to continue taking the tablets. If the bleeding does not settle it would be sensible to contact your gp in first instance.
See all 8 questions about Elleste Duet
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have just started taking Elleste duet conti tablets im on my 4th day and im getting hot flushed in the night I did not get them before I started the tablets will they go?
- What is the difference between elleste conti and elleste duet?
- Is there anything I can do for the weight gain and breast tenderness and enlargement while taking elleste duet conti tablets?
- I have been bleeding for a week now after 6 weeks on duet conti, is this normal and will it stop? My gp told me I wouldn't bleed.
- has there ever been reports of extreme acid indigestion whilst taking Elleste tablets ? Or is this just an impeccably times coincidence ?
- I have stopped taking elleste duet after taking them for 18 months. I finished last one 10 days ago. I have been bleeding now for 2 days. Us this normal and when will it stop. I am 55 and don't have periods
- I have been on elleste duet 2mg for about 10 years for my bone density. I will be 50 next year and my prescription has been changed to 1mg. Will this still protect my bones?
- do i need a contraception while having the decapeptyl injection?
- What is difference between adcal d3 750mg/200 IU and D3 5000 IU?
- can oramorph make you forget things eg. what day it is?
Do you have a question about Elleste Duet?
Our experts have answered 8 questions about Elleste Duet.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.