Usage of Cymevene
Indications: Cymevene: CMV disease in AIDS
or immunocompromised patients. Cymevene Capsules: Maintenance treatment of CMV retinitis
in AIDS patients
Contra Indications: Pregnancy; adequate contraceptive measures must be used. Lactation. Known hypersensitivity to Cymevene or aciclovir
Drug description Cymevene
Drug description: Cymevene: powder in vial. Cymevene Capsules: 250mg, green capsules; 500mg, green/yellow capsules. Both marked with CY, capsule strength and two partial lines
Generic name: Ganciclovir
Drug class description: DNA polymerase inhibitors (antivirals)
Special precautions Cymevene
(neutropenia), anaemia, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia have been observed in patients treated with ganciclovir. History of cytopenia. Perform blood counts every 2 weeks; do not give if neutrophil count <500 cells/ mL or platelet count <25,000 cells/mL. Consider dose reduction in leucopenia and/or anaemia. Renal impairment; monitor serum creatinine or creatinine clearance. Liver transplant recipients. Men should be advised to practice barrier contraception during and for 90 days following treatment
Adverse and side effects Cymevene
Leucopenia, thrombocytopenia, anaemia; interrupt dose until counts recover. Anorexia, asthenia, headache, infections, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, flatulence, abnormal liver function tests, nausea, vomiting, injection site reactions (including inflammation and pain) , alopecia, rash
Cymevene Cymevene: Ganciclovir (as sodium salt) 500 mg . Cymevene Capsules: Ganciclovir 250 mg , 500mg
Do you have a question about Cymevene?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The experts will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
- The question and its answers will be visible to everyone.
- Do not advertise your practice or clinic.
- Do not include contact information nor links.
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional and it is not meant to provide second opinions about specific cases.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.