Usage of Adcal-D3
Indications: As an adjunct to specific therapy for osteoporosis and in situations requiring therapeutic supplementation of malnutrition, eg, in pregnancy and established vitamin D dependent osteomalacia. The prevention and treatment of calcium deficiency/vitamin D deficiency
especially in the housebound and institutionalised elderly subjects. Deficiency of the active moieties is indicated by raised levels of PTH, lowered 25-hydroxy vitamin D and raised alkaline phosphatase
levels which are associated with increased bone loss
Contra Indications: Hypercalcaemia, Hypercalcaemia, hyperparathyroidism
, severe renal failure, renal calculi, severe hypercalciuria
Drug description Adcal-D3
Drug description: 3 White chewable tablets
Generic name: Calcium carbonate, vitamin D - deficiency 3
Drug class description: Calcium supplements / vitamin D3
Special precautions Adcal-D3
Mild renal failure or hypercalciuria; monitor calcium levels and urinary calcium excretion
Adverse and side effects Adcal-D3
Adcal-D3 Tablets, calcium carbonate 1500mg (equivalent to calcium 600mg), vitamin D 400iu
Do you have a question about Adcal-D3 ?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The experts will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
- The question and its answers will be visible to everyone.
- Do not advertise your practice or clinic.
- Do not include contact information nor links.
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional and it is not meant to provide second opinions about specific cases.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.