Question about Ulnar Nerve Release SurgeryI hear that ulnar nerve release surgery is one option for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Please tell me what this involves.
Ulnar nerve release is the operation for cubital
Tunnel syndrome and involves releasing the nerve around the inside of the elbow that supplies the sensation to the little and ring fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome is treated by releasing the median nerve as it passes into the hand at the wrist. This nerve supplies the sensation to the thumb, index, middle and part of the ring fingers. Both operations are simple and safe as long as carried out by a qualified and experienced surgeon. It may be helpful to get an exact diagnosis as your current diagnosis and treatment plan don't match up
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- What does this the Botilinum toxin therapy involve?
- What are the side effects and possible complications of Botox procedures?
- How long after a knee replacement before I can drive?
- how long will this replacement last?
- I had a right total knee replacement over 3years ago it will not straighten -20 or bend more than 60degrees since operation . I have had 3 operations MUA and CPM with extensive physio also had open lumpectomy with CPM and physio knee is still as bad DOES THE JOINT NEED REVISION?
- Prolapsed disc C4 C5 causing arm pain . Will artificial disc replacements completely cure the pain with no future problems ?
- I had TKR 10 weeks ago and experience clunking on bending and straightening. Will this improve? My patella was too thin to resurface during surgery.
- My doctor ordered a shoulder arthroscopy. What will he be able to learn from this procedure?
- I had a TKR 6 weeks ago. Is it alright to take naproxin?
Do you have a question about Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery?
Our experts answered the following question about Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.