Question about Ulnar Nerve Release SurgeryI hear that ulnar nerve release surgery is one option for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Please tell me what this involves.
Ulnar nerve release is the operation for cubital
Tunnel syndrome and involves releasing the nerve around the inside of the elbow that supplies the sensation to the little and ring fingers. Carpal tunnel syndrome is treated by releasing the median nerve as it passes into the hand at the wrist. This nerve supplies the sensation to the thumb, index, middle and part of the ring fingers. Both operations are simple and safe as long as carried out by a qualified and experienced surgeon. It may be helpful to get an exact diagnosis as your current diagnosis and treatment plan don't match up
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- My daughter has macro-syndactyly and will need a corrective repair. what specialist could do it?
- At 21 years of age, I suffer with syndactyly on the first, second and third toes of each foot. I have had an operation performed on one foot, the results of which have not alleviated the daily pain and discomfort of the resulting bone deformation. What can be done to resolve this? Thankyou.
- I'm a 61-year-old woman, and a month ago I had an arthroscopic acromioplasty of the right shoulder joining the rotator cuff. What rehabilitation exercises can I do at home? I have no strength in the upper part, and my physio told me the muscle isn't working. Thanks
- My son's nose was completely smashed in when he dove for a ball at school. He will be going to the doctor. What can you tell me about nose surgery before I go to our first appointment?
- How long do I have to be non weight bearing on the knee and does this differ with the two different types of cartilage regeneration?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap and has a lot of bone bruising. How long do you think it will take for her to recover?
- I have had a knee reconstruction on the NHS some 15 years ago. It has never been right and feels like a partial dislocation every now and again. Is it possible to have it re-reconstructed?
- what is microdiscectomy?
- Please could someone clarify for me what the process of cartilage regeneration involves. I am due to have an arthroscopy in June but the subject of catilage regeneration has not been discussed.
Do you have a question about Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery?
Our experts answered the following question about Ulnar Nerve Release Surgery:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.