Question about Toe surgeryI have partial ingrown toenail and require surgery. Can it be done on nhs and if so how long would the wait be? otherwise what would the cost be for private treatment with local anaesthetic?
these can absolutely be done on the NHS. The waiting time would very much depend on where you live as there are quite significant variations in waiting times in different areas.
Similarly the cost of private care does vary in different areas but a partial toenail ablation including postoperative care/visits would generally be in the region of £300-£400.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- My doctor ordered a shoulder arthroscopy. What will he be able to learn from this procedure?
- My son had an ACL injury while playing football with friends. He is 22. He says it does not bother him so he is not going to have any treatment. Are there risks for not having treatment now?
- Examination of the aorta revealed the presence of a stent below the origins of the renal arteries. The stent extended into the right and left common iliac arteries. The right common iliac stent appeared to have separated from the main stent. From PM report. What is the likely cause?
- I had TKR 10 weeks ago and experience clunking on bending and straightening. Will this improve? My patella was too thin to resurface during surgery.
- I had a right total knee replacement over 3years ago it will not straighten -20 or bend more than 60degrees since operation . I have had 3 operations MUA and CPM with extensive physio also had open lumpectomy with CPM and physio knee is still as bad DOES THE JOINT NEED REVISION?
- I had a TKR 6 weeks ago. Is it alright to take naproxin?
- How long after a knee replacement before I can drive?
- how long does it take to recover from a laminectony C4 /C5/C6?
- How long do I have to be non weight bearing on the knee and does this differ with the two different types of cartilage regeneration?
- What is a fistulography study used for?
Do you have a question about Toe surgery?
Our experts answered the following question about Toe surgery:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.