Question about Toe surgeryI have partial ingrown toenail and require surgery. Can it be done on nhs and if so how long would the wait be? otherwise what would the cost be for private treatment with local anaesthetic?
these can absolutely be done on the NHS. The waiting time would very much depend on where you live as there are quite significant variations in waiting times in different areas.
Similarly the cost of private care does vary in different areas but a partial toenail ablation including postoperative care/visits would generally be in the region of £300-£400.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I'm 66 year old woman and I have had a 5mm tear of my rotator cuff for three months. I've had 10 sessions of physiotherapy and still feel the same. Is there any other treatment? Should I have an operation. Should I wait?
- I have heard of plastic surgery, but not orthoplastic surgery. Can you tell me about this kind of surgery please?
- I've been diagnosed with a total of the supraspinatus tendon. It's painful but doesn't affect mobility. Would you recommend surgery?
- I have a partial tear in my supra spinatus tendon, I wanted to know the best treatment. I'm waiting until 10th September to see the trauma specialist but I don't know whether that's too long to wait and whether I should go to A+E. I await your advice?
- I am a 61 year old woman who has had an Arthroscopic Acromioplasty on my right shoulder that has a rotator cuff suture. They operated a month ago. What can I do for recovery at home? I have no upper body strength and the physio has told me that the muscle does not work. With compliments.
- I have been diagnosed by an MRI scan with a partial rupture of the Supraspinatus tendon. What should I do and what is the most common treatment?
- It's been 3 months since I had a tendon tear due to a motorbike fall. I'm having physiotherapy which causes me pain, beforehand I couldn't sleep, now the pain has lessoned and I have regained 70% of my mobility. I don't want surgery, what would you recommend?
- Is surgical intervention necessary for a supraspinatus tendon tear?
- An MRI scan detected that I have Subacromial Subteltoid Bursitis, Supraspinotis Tendinosis with a complete rupture of the wall thickness towards the critical area of the tendon. I am 55. What procedure would be recommended? What is your opinion?
- I have just been diagnosed with a partial rupture of the Supraspinotis of the left shoulder. I am 55 and play a lot of sport. I have been told that surgery is not an option at my age and therapy is the best procedure to follow. Your opinion?
Do you have a question about Toe surgery?
Our experts answered the following question about Toe surgery:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.