Question about Magnetic resonance neurography (MRN)I am suffering from eye pain and headaches continuously for more than 30 years. The medical condition has not been diagnosed after taking CTs and several MRIs of the brain does not detect any abnormality. I have bruxism, pain in teeth,occiputal pain etc. Will MR neurography help?
No. If this has been going on for 30+ years with a normal MRI than you can be sure there is no serious cause. Pain is like a fire alarm, important to warn of danger. If the fire alarm has been sounding for 30+ years then that is really distressing but there is no point in looking for a fire! The fault lies in the electrical system and it is very likely that a head pain expert can help you: but not by taking more tests, you need to settle down the overactive pain nerves. If the brain is a computer, you have a software not a hardware problem.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Hi, I have had a spinal discectomy at L5 S1. Years on and I am having sever nerve flare ups that severely hinder my mobility and cause horrific pain. I have been reading about MR neurography and wonder if this could help in identifying the problem and where this is available in London UK if at all?
- What are the side effects and possible complications of Botox procedures?
- What does this the Botilinum toxin therapy involve?
- I had "unobstructed coronary arteries" after coronary angiogram 4 yrs ago- does this remain or is there a chance of cholesterol building up over time?
- what is an angiogram?
- What type of x-Ray would have been used on the head to view the pituitary gland in the late 1970's?
- Do you really inject botulism into your skin when you get a botox injection?
- Is it possible to cycle with stenosis of the spinal canal?
- I have been diagnosed with a meningioma. What is involved in removing it?
- I hear that ulnar nerve release surgery is one option for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Please tell me what this involves.
Do you have a question about Magnetic resonance neurography (MRN)?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Magnetic resonance neurography (MRN).
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.