Question about Knee arthroplastyKnee replacement surgery. Epidural and nerve block. My foot feels dead, part numb and tingling. Why should this be?
Possible nerve injury, should be investigated with nerve conduction studies.
See all 3 questions about Knee arthroplasty
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have recently had revision knee replacement surgery. My foot has suffered some sort of trauma and seems to be suffering some numbness around my toes. This has only happened since my operation. I had an epidural and a nerve block. Has anyone any idea what caused this and how long will it last??
- What is the difference between knee arthroplasty and knee replacement surgery?
- An MRI scan detected that I have Subacromial Subteltoid Bursitis, Supraspinotis Tendinosis with a complete rupture of the wall thickness towards the critical area of the tendon. I am 55. What procedure would be recommended? What is your opinion?
- I am a 61 year old woman who has had an Arthroscopic Acromioplasty on my right shoulder that has a rotator cuff suture. They operated a month ago. What can I do for recovery at home? I have no upper body strength and the physio has told me that the muscle does not work. With compliments.
- Examination of the aorta revealed the presence of a stent below the origins of the renal arteries. The stent extended into the right and left common iliac arteries. The right common iliac stent appeared to have separated from the main stent. From PM report. What is the likely cause?
- I have just been diagnosed with a partial rupture of the Supraspinotis of the left shoulder. I am 55 and play a lot of sport. I have been told that surgery is not an option at my age and therapy is the best procedure to follow. Your opinion?
- Is surgical intervention necessary for a supraspinatus tendon tear?
- I'm 66 year old woman and I have had a 5mm tear of my rotator cuff for three months. I've had 10 sessions of physiotherapy and still feel the same. Is there any other treatment? Should I have an operation. Should I wait?
- It's been 3 months since I had a tendon tear due to a motorbike fall. I'm having physiotherapy which causes me pain, beforehand I couldn't sleep, now the pain has lessoned and I have regained 70% of my mobility. I don't want surgery, what would you recommend?
- I have been diagnosed by an MRI scan with a partial rupture of the Supraspinatus tendon. What should I do and what is the most common treatment?
Do you have a question about Knee arthroplasty?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Knee arthroplasty.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.