I have fibroids & ovarian cysts which are causing a great deal of pain...

Hysterectomy is an option. You need to see a gynaecologist and have an ultrasound and also blood test to check markers for ovarian cysts.
It could be possible to do it via key hole surgery depending on the investigations and examination findings.

Yes, hysterectomy should be offered to you as an option and at 48 with symptomatic fibroids, it would be a good option.

Your gynaecologist will be able to discuss this as well as the alternatives to hysterectomy, having considered your personal circumstances and the findings of the ultrasound.

See all 8 questions about Hysterectomy

Related questions

Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:

Do you have a question about Hysterectomy?

Our experts have answered 8 questions about Hysterectomy.

Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free

  • Your question will be published anonymously
  • Make it one, clear, medical question
  • Be brief
  • This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
  • Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
In order to improve our service we are using our own and third-party cookies. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our cookie policy. More info X