Question about HysterectomyI have fibroids & ovarian cysts which are causing a great deal of pain & too often I need to empty my bladder day & night, as I am 48 would I be able to have a hyterectomy?
Hysterectomy is an option. You need to see a gynaecologist and have an ultrasound and also blood test to check markers for ovarian cysts.
It could be possible to do it via key hole surgery depending on the investigations and examination findings.
- Thank you3
- 1 expert agrees
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yes, hysterectomy should be offered to you as an option and at 48 with symptomatic fibroids, it would be a good option.
Your gynaecologist will be able to discuss this as well as the alternatives to hysterectomy, having considered your personal circumstances and the findings of the ultrasound.
See all 8 questions about Hysterectomy
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Do women feel sexual desire after this procedure?
- Hi I'm having total hysterectomy with tubes and ovaries removed. And bowel separated from my womb due to scar tissue. How long do you think I will be in hospital and what is recovery time?
- After a hysterectomy is it necessary to continue having check-ups?
- What's the name for the removal of the uterus with attachments? Is it just that?
- I have heavy periods and bleeding in between periods this is affecting my life would it be possible for me to have a hysterectomy?? I am 39 and have 3 children, I have already been sterilized. I have been offered the Mirena Coil I suffer with migraines and have suffered with depression in the past.
- I had a hysterotomy at 15 weeks plus. I then had an intra-uterine blood clot for about 7 weeks. Since the blood clot has gone, I have been bleeding pretty much non stop for about a couple of months. Is that normal?
- What's the recovery time following a hysterectomy and adnexectomy? How long do the internal wounds take to heal?
- Is it dangerous to do a Biopsy?
- does a pipelle biopsy show most irregularities?
- What is a colposcopy?
Do you have a question about Hysterectomy?
Our experts have answered 8 questions about Hysterectomy.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.