Question about Hip replacementDoes orthopaedic surgeons do hip replacement?
Hip replacements are performed by orthopaedic surgeons who have an interest in hips. When choosing a surgeon to perform your replacement make sure they are performing a significant number of hip replacements each year
- Thank you10
- 2 experts agree
Hip replacements are done by orthopaedic surgeons, specifically Hip specialists.
- Thank you0
- 1 expert agrees
Absolutely agree with the previous comments. If you need a hip replacement, make sure the surgeon is a hip surgeon doing this sort of surgery regularly.
See all 6 questions about Hip replacement
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I am only 50 years old and am probably going to have hip replacement surgery. How long can I expect my new hip to last?
- How serious it to have a hip revision because first one is so painful?
- If I had 2 blood clots on my lungs, which has now completely disappeared how soon can I have a total hip replacement?
- Why is my left hip and my waist more painful in bed?
- Why does a knee replacement last such few years, with it being a somewhat complicated operation?
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- I have heard of plastic surgery, but not orthoplastic surgery. Can you tell me about this kind of surgery please?
- My daughter has macro-syndactyly and will need a corrective repair. what specialist could do it?
- My sister is going to have reconstruction surgery on her face after a car accident. Her cheek bone was smashed. How do they do this surgery?
- At 21 years of age, I suffer with syndactyly on the first, second and third toes of each foot. I have had an operation performed on one foot, the results of which have not alleviated the daily pain and discomfort of the resulting bone deformation. What can be done to resolve this? Thankyou.
Do you have a question about Hip replacement?
Our experts have answered 6 questions about Hip replacement.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.