Question about Hip replacementDoes orthopaedic surgeons do hip replacement?
Hip replacements are performed by orthopaedic surgeons who have an interest in hips. When choosing a surgeon to perform your replacement make sure they are performing a significant number of hip replacements each year
- Thank you9
- 2 experts agree
Hip replacements are done by orthopaedic surgeons, specifically Hip specialists.
- Thank you0
- 1 expert agrees
Absolutely agree with the previous comments. If you need a hip replacement, make sure the surgeon is a hip surgeon doing this sort of surgery regularly.
See all 6 questions about Hip replacement
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Why does a knee replacement last such few years, with it being a somewhat complicated operation?
- Why is my left hip and my waist more painful in bed?
- If I had 2 blood clots on my lungs, which has now completely disappeared how soon can I have a total hip replacement?
- How serious it to have a hip revision because first one is so painful?
- I am only 50 years old and am probably going to have hip replacement surgery. How long can I expect my new hip to last?
- I've been diagnosed with a total of the supraspinatus tendon. It's painful but doesn't affect mobility. Would you recommend surgery?
- An MRI scan detected that I have Subacromial Subteltoid Bursitis, Supraspinotis Tendinosis with a complete rupture of the wall thickness towards the critical area of the tendon. I am 55. What procedure would be recommended? What is your opinion?
- I am a 61 year old woman who has had an Arthroscopic Acromioplasty on my right shoulder that has a rotator cuff suture. They operated a month ago. What can I do for recovery at home? I have no upper body strength and the physio has told me that the muscle does not work. With compliments.
- It's been 3 months since I had a tendon tear due to a motorbike fall. I'm having physiotherapy which causes me pain, beforehand I couldn't sleep, now the pain has lessoned and I have regained 70% of my mobility. I don't want surgery, what would you recommend?
- I have a partial tear in my supra spinatus tendon, I wanted to know the best treatment. I'm waiting until 10th September to see the trauma specialist but I don't know whether that's too long to wait and whether I should go to A+E. I await your advice?
Do you have a question about Hip replacement?
Our experts have answered 6 questions about Hip replacement.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.