Question about Hip replacementDoes orthopaedic surgeons do hip replacement?
Hip replacements are performed by orthopaedic surgeons who have an interest in hips. When choosing a surgeon to perform your replacement make sure they are performing a significant number of hip replacements each year
- Thank you11
- 2 experts agree
Hip replacements are done by orthopaedic surgeons, specifically Hip specialists.
- Thank you0
- 1 expert agrees
Absolutely agree with the previous comments. If you need a hip replacement, make sure the surgeon is a hip surgeon doing this sort of surgery regularly.
See all 6 questions about Hip replacement
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Why is my left hip and my waist more painful in bed?
- Why does a knee replacement last such few years, with it being a somewhat complicated operation?
- How serious it to have a hip revision because first one is so painful?
- I am only 50 years old and am probably going to have hip replacement surgery. How long can I expect my new hip to last?
- If I had 2 blood clots on my lungs, which has now completely disappeared how soon can I have a total hip replacement?
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- Prolapsed disc C4 C5 causing arm pain . Will artificial disc replacements completely cure the pain with no future problems ?
- I have partial ingrown toenail and require surgery. Can it be done on nhs and if so how long would the wait be? otherwise what would the cost be for private treatment with local anaesthetic?
- I have calcification of the shoulders that is causing me discomfort. I would like to know if I can resolve this problem with Shockwave therapy? since I have consulted an orthopedic who has told me that this treatment is not effective for shoulder calcification.
- I have plantar fascitis. I heard that shockwave therapy has had good results. What exactly is shockwave therapy?
Do you have a question about Hip replacement?
Our experts have answered 6 questions about Hip replacement.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.