Question about Hip replacementDoes orthopaedic surgeons do hip replacement?
Hip replacements are performed by orthopaedic surgeons who have an interest in hips. When choosing a surgeon to perform your replacement make sure they are performing a significant number of hip replacements each year
- Thank you11
- 2 experts agree
Hip replacements are done by orthopaedic surgeons, specifically Hip specialists.
- Thank you0
- 1 expert agrees
Absolutely agree with the previous comments. If you need a hip replacement, make sure the surgeon is a hip surgeon doing this sort of surgery regularly.
See all 6 questions about Hip replacement
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Why does a knee replacement last such few years, with it being a somewhat complicated operation?
- I am only 50 years old and am probably going to have hip replacement surgery. How long can I expect my new hip to last?
- Why is my left hip and my waist more painful in bed?
- If I had 2 blood clots on my lungs, which has now completely disappeared how soon can I have a total hip replacement?
- How serious it to have a hip revision because first one is so painful?
- What causes someone to have a webbed finger?
- I have partial ingrown toenail and require surgery. Can it be done on nhs and if so how long would the wait be? otherwise what would the cost be for private treatment with local anaesthetic?
- I have calcification of the shoulders that is causing me discomfort. I would like to know if I can resolve this problem with Shockwave therapy? since I have consulted an orthopedic who has told me that this treatment is not effective for shoulder calcification.
- I had TKR 10 weeks ago and experience clunking on bending and straightening. Will this improve? My patella was too thin to resurface during surgery.
- I had a right total knee replacement over 3years ago it will not straighten -20 or bend more than 60degrees since operation . I have had 3 operations MUA and CPM with extensive physio also had open lumpectomy with CPM and physio knee is still as bad DOES THE JOINT NEED REVISION?
Do you have a question about Hip replacement?
Our experts have answered 6 questions about Hip replacement.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.