Question about Endodontic therapyHow can endodontic therapy save my tooth?
Endodontic therapy, aka root canal treatment, aims to disinfect and seal the inner portion, or root canal, of your tooth. Usually if root treatment is considered the root canal is infected and causing a dental abscess. If the root canal is not carefully cleaned and sealed up the tooth will have to be taken out.
Once the nerve in your tooth is irreversibly damaged , the only way to hang onto the tooth may be through Endodontic therapy. An assesment of the amount of remaining tooth structure will also be a factor in deciding the saveability of the tooth.
See all 2 questions about Endodontic therapy
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- What sort of anaesthetic is used during endodontic therapy?
- Why are some babies born with a cleft lip? What causes it?
- My friend's baby was born with a cleft lip. She had surgery. What will her scar look like after it has healed all the way?
- How long does it take to fully recover from dental implant surgery? I am having one tooth done.
- When I smile my upper teeth don't show. I think there is a problem with my upper lip and cheek, I don't know what to do. Is there an operation or some treatment which could improve my smile?
- What sort of sedative is usually used for dental implant surgery?
- My friend is going to have an osseointegrated implant. How is this different from a regular tooth implant?
- Whenever I go to the dentist it always seems to cost a fortune. Are osseointegrated implants very expensive?
- I am considering having a lip lift. Since it is cosmetic surgery, I don't want to do it if I might end up with medical problems. What can I expect if I have this surgery?
- I think I might be pregnant and the dentist has said I need to have an x-ray. What is the risk?
Do you have a question about Endodontic therapy?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Endodontic therapy.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.