Question about Bunion removalHow do I decide which surgery to have to remove my bunion?
There are over two hundred different operations described to correct bunions! There is no single best operation and to a large extent it depends on the type & severity of bunion that you have, any associated foot problems, your general health and lifestyle.
This is absolutely not a decision that you have to make alone. Your Consultant Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon should be happy to talk you thru the options and together you can determine what is best for you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Prolapsed disc C4 C5 causing arm pain . Will artificial disc replacements completely cure the pain with no future problems ?
- I had a right total knee replacement over 3years ago it will not straighten -20 or bend more than 60degrees since operation . I have had 3 operations MUA and CPM with extensive physio also had open lumpectomy with CPM and physio knee is still as bad DOES THE JOINT NEED REVISION?
- My doctor ordered a shoulder arthroscopy. What will he be able to learn from this procedure?
- I had TKR 10 weeks ago and experience clunking on bending and straightening. Will this improve? My patella was too thin to resurface during surgery.
- I had a TKR 6 weeks ago. Is it alright to take naproxin?
- how long will this replacement last?
- How long after a knee replacement before I can drive?
- What causes someone to have a webbed finger?
- My mum has been diagnosed with a bakers cyst. Her knee is now very swollen and she's in a lot of pain. Is this something that an orthopaedic surgeon can help with? She's 77.
- Which is the best orthopaedic surgery for knee replacements?
Do you have a question about Bunion removal?
Our experts answered the following question about Bunion removal:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.