Question about Bunion removalHow do I decide which surgery to have to remove my bunion?
There are over two hundred different operations described to correct bunions! There is no single best operation and to a large extent it depends on the type & severity of bunion that you have, any associated foot problems, your general health and lifestyle.
This is absolutely not a decision that you have to make alone. Your Consultant Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon should be happy to talk you thru the options and together you can determine what is best for you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- Prolapsed disc C4 C5 causing arm pain . Will artificial disc replacements completely cure the pain with no future problems ?
- What causes someone to have a webbed finger?
- how long will this replacement last?
- what is microdiscectomy?
- What is tenolysis?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap and has a lot of bone bruising. How long do you think it will take for her to recover?
- My friend broke her wrist when she fell. She has something called a Colles fracture. What kind of surgery will she need to repair it?
- I had bi- lateral hip replacements in 1992 (24 years ago). My left hip (Top) has worked loose. I also have Spinal Stenosis which needs attention immediately. My Orthapaedic Consultant wants me to wait until the Muscularskeletal dept correct the Stenosis. What should I do!!!!??
- What risks does knee microfracture surgery carry?
Do you have a question about Bunion removal?
Our experts answered the following question about Bunion removal:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.