Question about Bunion removalHow do I decide which surgery to have to remove my bunion?
There are over two hundred different operations described to correct bunions! There is no single best operation and to a large extent it depends on the type & severity of bunion that you have, any associated foot problems, your general health and lifestyle.
This is absolutely not a decision that you have to make alone. Your Consultant Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon should be happy to talk you thru the options and together you can determine what is best for you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I would like a guide price for hip replacement, thankyou
- My son had an ACL injury while playing football with friends. He is 22. He says it does not bother him so he is not going to have any treatment. Are there risks for not having treatment now?
- I had TKR 10 weeks ago and experience clunking on bending and straightening. Will this improve? My patella was too thin to resurface during surgery.
- My doctor ordered a shoulder arthroscopy. What will he be able to learn from this procedure?
- How long after a knee replacement before I can drive?
- I had a TKR 6 weeks ago. Is it alright to take naproxin?
- I had a right total knee replacement over 3years ago it will not straighten -20 or bend more than 60degrees since operation . I have had 3 operations MUA and CPM with extensive physio also had open lumpectomy with CPM and physio knee is still as bad DOES THE JOINT NEED REVISION?
- How long do I have to be non weight bearing on the knee and does this differ with the two different types of cartilage regeneration?
- How much can a leg be lengthened through surgeries?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap and has a lot of bone bruising. How long do you think it will take for her to recover?
Do you have a question about Bunion removal?
Our experts answered the following question about Bunion removal:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.