Question about Bunion removalHow do I decide which surgery to have to remove my bunion?
There are over two hundred different operations described to correct bunions! There is no single best operation and to a large extent it depends on the type & severity of bunion that you have, any associated foot problems, your general health and lifestyle.
This is absolutely not a decision that you have to make alone. Your Consultant Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon should be happy to talk you thru the options and together you can determine what is best for you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I'm 31 and I often do sport. I have discomfort in my hips when I train two days in a row. One of my legs is longer than the other, some 7mm from the knee to the ground, from the knee to the hip I don't know. What products (insoles, raised insoles) should I use to correct it?
- Prolapsed disc C4 C5 causing arm pain . Will artificial disc replacements completely cure the pain with no future problems ?
- What is a bilateral fenestration?
- What is the difference between knee arthroplasty and knee replacement surgery?
- How much can a leg be lengthened through surgeries?
- I have recently had revision knee replacement surgery. My foot has suffered some sort of trauma and seems to be suffering some numbness around my toes. This has only happened since my operation. I had an epidural and a nerve block. Has anyone any idea what caused this and how long will it last??
- What is tenolysis?
- My son's nose was completely smashed in when he dove for a ball at school. He will be going to the doctor. What can you tell me about nose surgery before I go to our first appointment?
- My consultant says I need spinal decompression. I am in great pain and need action asap. I live in Hereford. What are my options?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap and has a lot of bone bruising. How long do you think it will take for her to recover?
Do you have a question about Bunion removal?
Our experts answered the following question about Bunion removal:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.