Do you have a question about Botulinum toxin therapy?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The ones that are experts in Botulinum toxin therapy will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy. These are the most popular ones:What are the side effects and possible complications of Botox procedures?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botox is a trade name of botulinum toxin which is the most potent neurotoxin. Because of it's dilution however it can be safely used to cause localised paralysis of specific muscles and glands. Examples include cosmetic indications (e.g. forehead muscles causing wrinkles),...What does this the Botilinum toxin therapy involve?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botulinum toxin paralyses muscles and certain glands. This can be used for medical or cosmetic reasons: -Face muscles causing creases -Spastic muscle overactivity -Excessive sweating Using Botulinum toxin in these conditions can lead to improvement. Technically it is injected...Do you really inject botulism into your skin when you get a botox injection?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botox or botulinum toxin is the most potent nerve agent and produced by a bacterium called clostridium botulinum. This toxin can be produced commercially and diluted. Since this preparation does not contain the bacterium, no excess toxin can be produced. In commercially...
See all 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy
- Professionals: Plastic surgeons, Plastic surgeons Cambridge, Plastic surgeons Derby, Plastic surgeons St Albans, Plastic surgeons Huddersfield, Plastic surgeons Ashford, Plastic surgeons East Grinstead, Plastic surgeons Dartford, Plastic surgeons Gillingham, Plastic surgeons Newcastle upon Tyne, Plastic surgeons Liverpool
- Medical centres: Plastic Surgery Clinics
- Professionals: General Surgeons, General Surgeons Bath, General Surgeons Coventry, General Surgeons Brighton, General Surgeons Edgware, General Surgeons Redhill, General Surgeons Tewkesbury, General Surgeons Grantham, General Surgeons Dorchester, General Surgeons Hull, General Surgeons Burton-on-Trent
- Medical centres: General Surgery Clinics
General internal Medicine
- Professionals: Internists, Internists Stoke-on-Trent, Internists Oxford, Internists Doncaster, Internists Rochdale, Internists Lydney, Internists Portsmouth, Internists Scunthorpe, Internists Canterbury, Internists Liverpool, Internists Bath
- Medical centres: General internal Medicine Clinics
With Doctoralia you can find specialists in Botulinum toxin therapy in the UK
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.