Do you have a question about Botulinum toxin therapy?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The ones that are experts in Botulinum toxin therapy will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy. These are the most popular ones:What are the side effects and possible complications of Botox procedures?
Mr. Paul Fiadjoe's answer: I assume you mean Botox injection into the bladder? Yes retention of urine with the need to do self catheterisation, bladder infection and possibility of bladder scarring from multiple injections.What does this the Botilinum toxin therapy involve?
Mr. Paul Fiadjoe's answer: Botox can be used to treat bladder overactivity and bladder pain syndrome that has not responded to other medical treatments. Treatment involves using a telescope to look into the bladder and inject into the inner layer of the bladder wall at about 20-30 sites. This can be done...Do you really inject botulism into your skin when you get a botox injection?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botox or botulinum toxin is the most potent nerve agent and produced by a bacterium called clostridium botulinum. This toxin can be produced commercially and diluted. Since this preparation does not contain the bacterium, no excess toxin can be produced. In commercially...
See all 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy
- Professionals: General Surgeons, General Surgeons Northampton, General Surgeons Tewkesbury, General Surgeons Taunton, General Surgeons Portsmouth, General Surgeons Chesterfield, General Surgeons Sevenoaks, General Surgeons Peterborough, General Surgeons Inverness, General Surgeons Washington, General Surgeons Gateshead
- Medical centres: General Surgery Clinics
- Professionals: Plastic surgeons, Plastic surgeons Banbury, Plastic surgeons Liverpool, Plastic surgeons Canterbury, Plastic surgeons Prescot, Plastic surgeons Bristol, Plastic surgeons Huddersfield, Plastic surgeons Wakefield, Plastic surgeons Chelmsford, Plastic surgeons St Albans, Plastic surgeons Oxford
- Medical centres: Plastic Surgery Clinics
General internal Medicine
- Professionals: Internists, Internists Chorley, Internists Stroud, Internists Chesterfield, Internists Stoke-on-Trent, Internists Goodmayes, Ilford, Internists Bournemouth, Internists Nottingham, Internists St Leonards-on-Sea, Internists Bolton, Internists Crewe
- Medical centres: General internal Medicine Clinics
With Doctoralia you can find specialists in Botulinum toxin therapy in the UK
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.