Do you have a question about Botulinum toxin therapy?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The ones that are experts in Botulinum toxin therapy will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy. These are the most popular ones:What are the side effects and possible complications of Botox procedures?
Mr. Ayman Fouad MBBCh, MSc, MRCOG, MD's answer: Most common side effect is urinay retentionWhat does this the Botilinum toxin therapy involve?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botulinum toxin paralyses muscles and certain glands. This can be used for medical or cosmetic reasons: -Face muscles causing creases -Spastic muscle overactivity -Excessive sweating Using Botulinum toxin in these conditions can lead to improvement. Technically it is injected...Do you really inject botulism into your skin when you get a botox injection?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Botox or botulinum toxin is the most potent nerve agent and produced by a bacterium called clostridium botulinum. This toxin can be produced commercially and diluted. Since this preparation does not contain the bacterium, no excess toxin can be produced. In commercially...
See all 3 questions about Botulinum toxin therapy
- Professionals: General Surgeons, General Surgeons Chester, General Surgeons Chichester, General Surgeons Nelson, General Surgeons Aberdeen, General Surgeons Nottingham, General Surgeons Poole, General Surgeons Chelmsford, General Surgeons Barnet, General Surgeons Warwick, General Surgeons Portsmouth
- Medical centres: General Surgery Clinics
- Professionals: Plastic surgeons, Plastic surgeons Northwood, Plastic surgeons Cambridge, Plastic surgeons Liverpool, Plastic surgeons St Helens, Plastic surgeons Banbury, Plastic surgeons Ashford, Plastic surgeons Chelmsford, Plastic surgeons St Albans, Plastic surgeons Middlesbrough, Plastic surgeons Preston
- Medical centres: Plastic Surgery Clinics
General internal Medicine
- Professionals: Internists, Internists Portsmouth, Internists Chesterfield, Internists Worcester, Internists Orpington, Internists Cinderford, Internists Goodmayes, Ilford, Internists Sutton Coldfield, Internists Warwick, Internists Oldham, Internists Cardiff
- Medical centres: General internal Medicine Clinics
With Doctoralia you can find specialists in Botulinum toxin therapy in the UK
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.