Question about Spinal disordersBack pain since early 20s then lumbar discitis 2009. Daily moderate pain/stiffness limits any lifting or sitting/standing in one position. Increasingly more prone to acute spasm episodes.Physiotherapy & Naproxen unhelpful. Is there a steroid injection for pain or anything else other than surgery?
All steroid injections (usually combined with Local anaesthetic agents) are palliative, short lasting and should be spaced by few months at least to minimise their side effects.
Physiotherapy should be in the form of active back exercises to strengthen the muscles and reduce the joint stiffness not the passive message.
The Pain Specialist are the appropriate expert to be consulted when surgical treatment has been ruled out by the spinal surgeon.
Medico Legal Expert, Neurosurgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- Have not seen my menstrual period for over 6 month now. I have an history of hyper prolactenemia. What could be the course and solution to my problem. Am just 32 yrs and about to get married.??
- Which specialist treats adhesive capsulitis?
- A friend's baby was diagnosed with Erb's palsy after a difficult labor and delivery, will he be able to use his arm normally in the future?
- I've been suffering since I had a rotator cuff operation approximately two years ago. I've not been able to return to work becasue it is very painful. I've had several therapy sessions and injections, but to no avail. What should I do to get better?
- To alter Flat Feet, is it necessary to use orthopedic shoes?
- Is Otosclerosis worsened during pregnancy?
- How can you alter Flat Feet?
- My 4-year-old son has flat feet. Is it necessary to be corrected?
- Are fallen arches the same as flat feet?
Do you have a question about Spinal disorders?
Our experts answered the following question about Spinal disorders:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.