Question about Senile dementia/Alzheimer's type (SDAT)What are the first signs of Alzheimer's disease?
This is difficult because the diagnosis can be made only with hindsight. An uncharacteristic, persistent and progressively worsening change in behavior is the key matter: not forgetfulness which is common in healthy people. Getting lost in a familiar environment is a symptom that would worry me as the warning of Alzheimer's.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth runs in my family. Most doctors do not know much about it. Where do you think I can get the best help for my son and me?
- I am contacting your good selves due to my mother being diagnosed with tension headaches, a year ago. The treatment consists of painkillers and a prophylactic drug at bedtime, but the fact is that the pains are getting stronger and more frequent and she isn't given any other solution. Is there anything that can be done?
- What are meningiomas?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- My nerologist assest me for CMT but stated i did not have it due to normal nerve conduction test however i have recantly read that sme types have a normal test. Could i still have CMT i have muscle loss on my lower legs and feet with both feet teiste with high arches?
- My husband has a sister with spastic paralysis. Are we more likely to have a child with this disease?
- Good day, I have been put on metoprolol 25 mg. to control occasional supraventricular arrhythmia. It seems to work but it gives me bad dreams which are more disturbing than the arrhythmia. Any alternatives to this drug without those pesky side effects. ?
- Hi, I suffer from a herniated intervertebral disk (L4, L5, and S1). My neurosurgeon tells me it’s time to operate. He wants to fix the three vertebrae. I don’t know the exact name of the procedure. My question is, is it time for me to go into surgery? Is that the best solution? And above all, will I come out well? Thanks
- What is the best medication for atrial fibrillations?
Do you have a question about Senile dementia/Alzheimer's type (SDAT)?
Our experts answered the following question about Senile dementia/Alzheimer's type (SDAT):
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.