Do you have a question about Sebaceous cyst?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The ones that are experts in Sebaceous cyst will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Sebaceous cyst. These are the most popular ones:Are you left with scars after the removal of a sebaceous cyst?
Dr. Dev Shah's answer: This definately depends on the method to remove these and the size. In general small cysts that are treated for the first in the correct manner are easily removed via small scars. When cysts are larger and have come back after inadequate treatment, these require larger scars...I have a sebaceous cyst on top of my head (1 - 1.5cm). Do you have to remove hair to remove the cyst? I am a woman with long hair and very worried about having a bald patch!
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Usually a small amount of hair is removed to make surgery easier, but part of that area is then removed with surgery. In practice this is usually not a major problem, since the defect can be covered with adjacent hair. Also, the hair will grow again. However there will be a small...What causes sabaceous cysts? If you are someone who has greasy hair and skin, are you more likely to get one?
Mr. Hagen Schumacher's answer: Sebaceous cysts are blocked glands. These glands produce the oily material (=sebumen) that protects the skin from bacteria and cracks. From my experience these are more commonly found in patients that have either a naturally high production of sebumen in patients, who don't...
See all 3 questions about Sebaceous cyst
- Professionals: Dermatologists, Dermatologists Harrow, Dermatologists Glasgow, Dermatologists Orpington, Dermatologists Sutton Coldfield, Dermatologists Sheffield, Dermatologists Edinburgh, Dermatologists London, Dermatologists Bristol, Dermatologists Birmingham, Dermatologists Chichester
- Medical centres: Dermatology Clinics
- Professionals: General Surgeons, General Surgeons Haywards Heath, General Surgeons Dudley, General Surgeons Northallerton, General Surgeons London, General Surgeons Hartlepool, General Surgeons Solihull, General Surgeons Grantham, General Surgeons East Grinstead, General Surgeons Folkestone, General Surgeons Welwyn Garden City
- Medical centres: General Surgery Clinics
- Professionals: Plastic surgeons, Plastic surgeons Newcastle upon Tyne, Plastic surgeons Sheffield, Plastic surgeons Harrow, Plastic surgeons Prescot, Plastic surgeons Birmingham, Plastic surgeons St Helens, Plastic surgeons Norwich, Plastic surgeons Canterbury, Plastic surgeons Manchester, Plastic surgeons Gillingham
- Medical centres: Plastic Surgery Clinics
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.