Do you have a question about Sebaceous cyst?
- Ask thousands of Doctoralia's experts for free.
- The ones that are experts in Sebaceous cyst will answer your question.
Your question will be published anonymously
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Sebaceous cyst. These are the most popular ones:What causes sabaceous cysts? If you are someone who has greasy hair and skin, are you more likely to get one?
Dr. Andrew Affleck's answer: The correct name is epidermal or epidermoid cysts. Genetic factors are the most important factor in the cause. The sebaceous glands are not affected.Are you left with scars after the removal of a sebaceous cyst?
Dr. Dev Shah's answer: This definately depends on the method to remove these and the size. In general small cysts that are treated for the first in the correct manner are easily removed via small scars. When cysts are larger and have come back after inadequate treatment, these require larger scars...I have a sebaceous cyst on top of my head (1 - 1.5cm). Do you have to remove hair to remove the cyst? I am a woman with long hair and very worried about having a bald patch!
Dr. Andrew Affleck's answer: Hair does not need to be removed - it can be parted / folded back or held with hair clips. A skin incision is all that is required ie. no removal of skin - just the cyst underneath.
See all 3 questions about Sebaceous cyst
- Professionals: Dermatologists, Dermatologists Canterbury, Dermatologists London, Dermatologists Manchester, Dermatologists Sevenoaks, Dermatologists Newcastle upon Tyne, Dermatologists Watford, Dermatologists Leeds, Dermatologists Harrow, Dermatologists Otley, Dermatologists Portsmouth
- Medical centres: Dermatology Clinics
- Professionals: General Surgeons, General Surgeons Lydney, General Surgeons Oxford, General Surgeons Grantham, General Surgeons Halifax, General Surgeons Canterbury, General Surgeons Petersfield, General Surgeons Telford, General Surgeons West Bromwich, General Surgeons Swansea, General Surgeons Cheadle
- Medical centres: General Surgery Clinics
- Professionals: Plastic Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons Birmingham, Plastic Surgeons Ipswich, Plastic Surgeons East Grinstead, Plastic Surgeons Huddersfield, Plastic Surgeons Salisbury, Plastic Surgeons Derby, Plastic Surgeons Newmarket, Plastic Surgeons Maidstone, Plastic Surgeons St Helens, Plastic Surgeons Bristol
- Medical centres: Plastic Surgery Clinics
With Doctoralia you can find specialists in Sebaceous cyst in the UK
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.