Question about Plantar fasciitisWhat treatments are there for plantar fasciitis due to osteopathy?
There are 3 levels of treatment for this:
Level 1 is stretching, physio, shoe inserts etc.
Level 2 is Shockwave therapy (ESWT) - this works about 70% of the time when level 1 has failed.
Level 3 is endoscopic (keyhole) plantar fascia release (keyhole surgery) - This is a last resort and its rare to need this.
See all 6 questions about Plantar fasciitis
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have plantar fasciitis. It is very painful especially when I get up from my bed or a chair. What can I do to get rid of this pain?
- I've been suffering with plantar fasciitis pain for more than 8 months. I went to the doctor and was prescribed insoles and medication. I've been taking it for 3 months and it does nothing for me. Is there anything else that can be done?
- Besides wearing shoe inserts, what can I do for healing plantar fasciitis and relieving the pain?
- Apart from using insoles, what can I do to improve plantar fascitis and reduce the pain?
- Can I exercise if I'm suffering from plantar fasciitis?
Do you have a question about Plantar fasciitis?
Our experts have answered 6 questions about Plantar fasciitis.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.