Question about Parkinson's plus syndromewhat is this condition?
Parkinson's is a challenging diagnosis which can be proved only at autopsy. In a living person experts try to keep an open mind over time. Some things like abnormal eye movements, bladder and sexual difficulty, low blood pressure, are not usually seen in Parkinson's and these additional features often lead to a label of "Parkinson's plus syndrome". Sometimes it is pragmatic to treat for Parkinson's disease even when these additional features are present as not all patients fir the textbook stereotype.
- Thank you0
- 1 expert agrees
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is there any treatment for Parkinson's Plus syndrome?
- I had Guillan Barre over 40 years ago, as a child. Onset was rapid and resulted in me being paralysed from the neck down. Duration was approximately 18 months. All my life I have suffered from chronic fatigue, that GPs have put down to various causes. How can I be checked for residual effects?
- Apart from antibiotics which I hope the dentist will prescribe, what can I do at home in the meantime to alleviate the pain of tooth infection?
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- What can I do to prevent another abscessed tooth? It was so painful!
- chiari 1 always produce obstruction of the lcr at the magnum cistern? the patient has no symptons . Which is the treatment or decision about it?
- can sleep apnea be medically treated without cpap machine and is it accredited for dvla?
Do you have a question about Parkinson's plus syndrome?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Parkinson's plus syndrome.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.