Question about Parkinson's plus syndromeIs there any treatment for Parkinson's Plus syndrome?
There are many Parkinson's plus syndromes; treatment is usually symptomatic rather than curative and the options depend upon the exact diagnosis which may be subject to a range of opinion (proof of diagnosis is only at autopsy). It's often good to offer standard Parkinson's disease treatment in case it is an odd-looking case of Parkinson's disease.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- what is this condition?
- What's the treatment for retroperitoneal fibrosis?
- My friend has a fairly pronounced overbite and has always been very self-conscious about her appearance. She has recently been offered surgery to correct it but is worried the change will be so radical people won't recognise her! I keep telling her it's not only cosmetic but functional. Am I right?
- What is the difference between an elbow subluxation and an elbow dislocation?
- What is the best way to determine if there is more than one adenoma intra-operatively? e.g. If a pre-op sestamibi scan shows one adenoma and this is removed, what is the best way to test if the remaining parathyroid glands are healthy?.
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- I am suffering of isolated ventricular echtopic beats, are they dangerous? I did the ecg holter 48hrs and i had 206 ectopic beats. Any advises? Thank you very much
- For severe sleep apnea is it best to have an operation or to use a mask for sleeping? Is the operation complicated and uncomfortable? Am I right in understanding there are no guaranteed results? Many thanks
- Good day, I have been put on metoprolol 25 mg. to control occasional supraventricular arrhythmia. It seems to work but it gives me bad dreams which are more disturbing than the arrhythmia. Any alternatives to this drug without those pesky side effects. ?
- What is the best medication for atrial fibrillations?
Do you have a question about Parkinson's plus syndrome?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Parkinson's plus syndrome.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.