Question about Parkinson's plus syndromeIs there any treatment for Parkinson's Plus syndrome?
There are many Parkinson's plus syndromes; treatment is usually symptomatic rather than curative and the options depend upon the exact diagnosis which may be subject to a range of opinion (proof of diagnosis is only at autopsy). It's often good to offer standard Parkinson's disease treatment in case it is an odd-looking case of Parkinson's disease.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- what is this condition?
- Having meningococcal this new year, my hearing has been affected severely I now require hearing aids, is this a neurological deficit?
- Back pain since early 20s then lumbar discitis 2009. Daily moderate pain/stiffness limits any lifting or sitting/standing in one position. Increasingly more prone to acute spasm episodes.Physiotherapy & Naproxen unhelpful. Is there a steroid injection for pain or anything else other than surgery?
- I am 29 years old and this is my third episode of pericarditis. Each one has been worse than the previous. During the last episode there was greater pericardial effusion (moderate) and even a quite considerable right pleural effusion. Is it dangerous to carry out normal activity?
- Is there a recognised specialist in Brachial Plexus nerve injuries in the UK?. My Mother had a fall resulting in a dislocation and damaged nerves in the left shoulder. She has little movement in her shoulder and only slight movement in thumb and forefinger. Lives in Birmingham but can travel
- I;ve been feeling out of balance from time to time; blood pressure fairly normal..no other symptoms except tiredness. What could this be due to?
- What is the treatment for a mucous retention cyst? Is it painful?
- I have had headache for 5 weeks and have double vision and being sick, it is doing my head in - what can i do about it?
- I have been getting migraine headaches. I had a CT scan and the doctor said that I have a mucous retention cyst. Can this kind of cyst cause migraines?
- Will my dizziness stop when my body gets used to isotard?
Do you have a question about Parkinson's plus syndrome?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Parkinson's plus syndrome.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.