Question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)How dangerous is NHP?
NPH is not common. It is a diagnosis sometimes suggested inappropriately an CT or MRI brain reports when it is in fact a clinical diagnosis which can be strengthened or weakened by brain scans. There is a range of opinion on optimal investigation e.g lumbar puncture as therapeutic trial OR CSF pressure studies OR inster ventricular shunt as therapeutic trial. These investigations and treatments bring risk. Untrea5ted NPH risks avoidable impairment of gait, memory and continence.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is there a cure for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- I am contacting your good selves due to my mother being diagnosed with tension headaches, a year ago. The treatment consists of painkillers and a prophylactic drug at bedtime, but the fact is that the pains are getting stronger and more frequent and she isn't given any other solution. Is there anything that can be done?
- Having meningococcal this new year, my hearing has been affected severely I now require hearing aids, is this a neurological deficit?
- I have been getting migraine headaches. I had a CT scan and the doctor said that I have a mucous retention cyst. Can this kind of cyst cause migraines?
- What is the treatment for a mucous retention cyst? Is it painful?
- is CAA a form of dementia? would having a diagnosis of CAA cause a patient to present as physically or verbally aggressive?
- Can you have a varient of Hemi facial with brow drop, eye closes and mouth pulls that side with smiling with out having visable spasms?
- What are the best pain killers for treating TN?
- I have a cyst on my inside lower lip and have had this for a month. Is it normal for them to grow? Because mine has grown throughout this time. Thanks.
- If peripheral neuropathy is caused by antidepressants can it be reversed?
Do you have a question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?
Our experts answered the following question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH):
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.