Question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)How dangerous is NHP?
NPH is not common. It is a diagnosis sometimes suggested inappropriately an CT or MRI brain reports when it is in fact a clinical diagnosis which can be strengthened or weakened by brain scans. There is a range of opinion on optimal investigation e.g lumbar puncture as therapeutic trial OR CSF pressure studies OR inster ventricular shunt as therapeutic trial. These investigations and treatments bring risk. Untrea5ted NPH risks avoidable impairment of gait, memory and continence.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is there a cure for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- My daughter is daydreaming always, it never meant any problem but recently she doesnt hear when we talk to hear, one time she bumped into a door because she didnt see it, she was so inmersed in her thoughts. Should i be afraid or just let her outgrow it?
- What is the difference between schizophrenia and dementia praecox?
- Is Alzheimer's the same as senile dementia?
- Is there a recognised specialist in Brachial Plexus nerve injuries in the UK?. My Mother had a fall resulting in a dislocation and damaged nerves in the left shoulder. She has little movement in her shoulder and only slight movement in thumb and forefinger. Lives in Birmingham but can travel
- My husband has Parkinson's disease, and, although his tremor is well controlled by drugs, it is the non-motor symptoms that are more distressing, yet remain unaddressed. He is constantly exhausted, unable to think clearly, and his memory has become very poor. Should he seek further advice?
- Will my dizziness stop when my body gets used to isotard?
- I;ve been feeling out of balance from time to time; blood pressure fairly normal..no other symptoms except tiredness. What could this be due to?
- What are the first signs of Dementia?
- My husband of 72 has had parkinsons for about 12 years. He now suddenly cannot walk. All this has happened within about 2 weeks. Can you suggest a way forward please?
Do you have a question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH)?
Our experts answered the following question about Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH):
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.