Question about Neurosarcoidosiswhat is neurosarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis is an uncommon inflammatory condition that looks a bit like tuberculosis without the TB bacterium. It can affect the nervous system; more commonly affects the chest. It is a diagnosis considered more often than proved. It is an insecure diagnosis in the absence of a positive biopsy result.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- If someone has this kind of fungi, can it be spread to his/her children when kissing or by leaving bacteria over eating utensils?
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- Is Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- Diagnosed with sarcoidosis in lungs, liver, pancreas and spleen. I suspect skin and Neuro too. I'm under pulmonary specialist but the other symptoms are being ignored. Should I push to see a sarcoidosis specialist?
- What is sarcoidosis like?
- Every since my third child was born I have had pain that runs from my lower back down to my calf. It can be painful at times and then go away. What is the best treatment for this?
Do you have a question about Neurosarcoidosis?
Our experts answered the following question about Neurosarcoidosis:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.