Question about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)Is multiple sclerosis deadly?
MS regrettably shortens life by an average of about 7-10 years though some of this is accounted for by suicide in young people with MS. There are now effective treatments for MS and while improved longevity has not yet been proved it is widely believed that the newer "disease modifying" treatments improve long term prognosis. Sadly the current licenced and funded treatments are for relapsing remitting MS but there is recent data showing benefit in progressive MS so it is hoped that we can help more people with MS in the future.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Until December they are not giving me allergy tests and they have told me to try to not take anything until I have them. I have spent the whole night sneezing and with rinitis and itchy eyes and I am feeling bad. I have a family history with an allergy to fungi. What would you advise me in order to relieve the symptoms?
- My stomach blows up very hard, is this expected or could it be cancer?
- What can I take for the hayfever if I am breastfeeding?
- Can asthma start in adults?
- My son 17 years old started to have asthma episodes very frequently, I went to pneumologist and he is taking lots of medicine. I feel very sad about this because I think there should be a different way, everyday taking pills and bronqueolitic and so on!! I need your advice?
- If a stool sample and a blood test have a negative result, but the symptoms still persist, are there any other tests to confirm schistosomiasis?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- Does asthma cure itself with homeopathy?
- I am getting osteoarthritis in my hands. I am in my 50's. What do you recommend that I do so I can continue to play the piano and do other activities I enjoy?
- Have had terrible sciatic pain for 2 years now in my legs and feet - can't sit or stand for long and always in pain. Had many spinal injections with no help at all. I'm at the end of my tether now with the constant nagging pain. Is there an operation for this?
Do you have a question about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)?
Our experts answered the following question about Multiple Sclerosis (MS):
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.