Question about Morton's neuromaIs it true that sometimes morton's neuroma has no symptoms?
in short- yes absolutely.
A Morton's neuroma is in fact a bit of a misnomer as it is not actually a true neuroma. The term is generally taken to mean a swelling or enlargement of an interdigital nerve of the foot. It is quite common to spot slightly enlarged interdigital nerves in the foot that are causing no problems on scans undertaken to investigate for other problems. Fortunately if the Morton's neuroma is causing no symptoms then it is nothing to worry about and requires no treatment.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
See all 2 questions about Morton's neuroma
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is there a non-surgical treatment for Morton's neuroma?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap about 2 years ago. Now she has pain in the front of her knee. Can a dislocation cause patellofemoral syndrome?
- My husband (57) has achilles tendinitis. What kinds of treatment are available for this?
- What happens if you do not take care of Bicipital tendinitis?
- I've been suffering since I had a rotator cuff operation approximately two years ago. I've not been able to return to work becasue it is very painful. I've had several therapy sessions and injections, but to no avail. What should I do to get better?
- What are the causes of articular cartilage sports injuries?
- I have costochondritis for over 20 years now and its so unbearable now I feel like this is going to be how I live the rest of my life. It gets me so down I cant bear it anymore. Ive tried a lot of meds over the years but to be honest cant take them for lengths of times due to nausea. Im desperate, can you advise me. Thank you.
- I have pain on the inner aspect of my left foot. I have had this for several weeks and have had a number of physio treatments ie ultrasound and inferential. This condition has improved slightly but is still quite debilitating. I'm normally fairly active and walk regularly and play golf. What do you recommend?
- What are the symptoms of articular cartilage damage?
- How long does it take to be able to walk after hammer toe surgery?
Do you have a question about Morton's neuroma?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Morton's neuroma.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.