Question about MelanomaWhat are the prognostics of melanoma?
The prognosis varies from cure to short-term survival.
Many factors influence the prognosis especially the depth of invasion of the primary melanoma.
See all 5 questions about Melanoma
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I had a brown spot on my arm that stayed the same for almost a year. Then suddenly it began to peel. My doctor did a skin biopsy. How is melanoma diagnosed?
- I'd like to know I don't have any melanomas,but I can't check everywhere, like my back for instance. What's the best way to check for melanoma?
- Is there genetic predisposition for having a lot of moles? Having a big amount of them means that there is higher chance of skin cancer?
- I had a small 0.2 thick melanoma removed and got the borders extended. Doctors say that there is no need to do anything else but my question is, does a melanoma reappear? How do I know that the rest of my moles are normal?
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- How can be removed groin fungi?
- What is the best method of having a small xanthelasma removed?
- What is the best and most effective treatment for xanthelasma?
- I found out that I have a mucous cyst. What kind of treatment should I get?
- I started getting a bump above my eyelid. It has grown and now I have another one. My doctor said I have Xanthelasma. What is the best treatment for this?
Do you have a question about Melanoma?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Melanoma.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.