Question about MelanomaI'd like to know I don't have any melanomas,but I can't check everywhere, like my back for instance. What's the best way to check for melanoma?
Get a baseline assessment from a skin cancer specialist who uses dermoscopy regularly. Photographs can be useful for future comparison. Report any new or changing skin lesions.
See all 5 questions about Melanoma
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I had a brown spot on my arm that stayed the same for almost a year. Then suddenly it began to peel. My doctor did a skin biopsy. How is melanoma diagnosed?
- Is there genetic predisposition for having a lot of moles? Having a big amount of them means that there is higher chance of skin cancer?
- What are the prognostics of melanoma?
- I had a small 0.2 thick melanoma removed and got the borders extended. Doctors say that there is no need to do anything else but my question is, does a melanoma reappear? How do I know that the rest of my moles are normal?
- My daughter is 9 and from time to time has really painful sores on her labia. The pediatrician isn't really sure what it is and has prescibed fucidin cream which seems to do the trick. The sores start as blisters and then burst which is then really, painful. Could this be erythrasma?
- How long does it take for healing of a radical vulvectomy. It is now 8 weeks and still swollen and painful.. is this normal?
- I caught scabies and got some lotion from the doctors. I have been back a few times now but all the lotions they have given me do not work. I have given up with the doctors. Would a dermatologist see me given the problem I have and would they be able to provide something that actually works?
- What specialist should I consult for Athlete's Foot?
- My daughter is only ten years old and already has black heads on her nose.This seems very young to me or is it normal? I've bought her a gentle facial wash and a facial brush to try and keep the area clean. I don't know what else i can do.Thanks
- I have a mole on my face, between my nose and upper lip. Sometimes hairs grow out of it and I tug them out with tweezers. Is this ok or could it affect the mole and cause damage?
Do you have a question about Melanoma?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Melanoma.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.