Question about Liver hemangiomaI have been diagnosed after having a baby with a liver hemangioma. Every day I have pain on my right side around the rib cage. I went and saw a specialist and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. But it gets worse when I do exercise and I am constantly tired and got no energy?(bloods-normal)
Thanks for your question. Firstly liver hemangioma is a benign lump and can be found in 2% of the population. It is important that the imaging used has clearly demonstrated the features of an haemangioma. We tend to rely on a MRI scan of liver.
In the majority of people we simply reassure and do not suggest surgery. In extremely rare situations were the patient is extremely symptomatic or where they has been a rare complication we would operate.
Symptoms that get worse with exercise are not typical and tend to be found in musculoskeletal conditions. Similarly it would be very difficult to link tiredness with a diagnosis of haemangioma. I would suggest seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing.
Gastrointestinal Surgeon, General Surgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- My stomach blows up very hard, is this expected or could it be cancer?
- I think I might have had LSC while I was pregnant, I was constantly itchy around the vulva. Is it something that's more common during prenancy?
- Is metastasis of the liver curable?
- I suffer acute stomach pains constantly. I cannot digest anything without pain except porridge. Tests have shown my stomach lining is wounded -red welts- reactive haemorrhagical gastritis. My gall-bladder was removed unnecessarily, omeprazole does not help. Nothing seems to help. What else can I do?
- If a stool sample and a blood test have a negative result, but the symptoms still persist, are there any other tests to confirm schistosomiasis?
- I have lichen planus on my hands and in my mouth. In the past couple of days my hands have split in the creases and are unbearably sore, also my mouth has become very sore as well. Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain?
- I have Lichen simplex chronicus in my vulva and anus and I'm waiting for my appointment with a dermatologist, is there any chance I can spread it to my partner?
- What is the disease ischemic colitis?
- Can strongyloidiasis be eradicated from the body? Thanks
- What are the symptoms of Sheehan syndrome?
Do you have a question about Liver hemangioma?
Our experts answered the following question about Liver hemangioma:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.