Question about Liver hemangiomaI have been diagnosed after having a baby with a liver hemangioma. Every day I have pain on my right side around the rib cage. I went and saw a specialist and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. But it gets worse when I do exercise and I am constantly tired and got no energy?(bloods-normal)
Thanks for your question. Firstly liver hemangioma is a benign lump and can be found in 2% of the population. It is important that the imaging used has clearly demonstrated the features of an haemangioma. We tend to rely on a MRI scan of liver.
In the majority of people we simply reassure and do not suggest surgery. In extremely rare situations were the patient is extremely symptomatic or where they has been a rare complication we would operate.
Symptoms that get worse with exercise are not typical and tend to be found in musculoskeletal conditions. Similarly it would be very difficult to link tiredness with a diagnosis of haemangioma. I would suggest seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing.
Gastrointestinal Surgeon, General Surgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- What is the cure for pelvic sepsis after an illeostomy?
- My stomach blows up very hard, is this expected or could it be cancer?
- Since I had my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (by c-section), I have had very heavy menstrual bleeding every 4 weeks, wearing double protection and still leaking on clothes, spotting between periods and stomach cramps although not severe. What should I do?
- Since having my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (c-section) I have been bleeding heavily using double protection and still leaking on clothes, bleeding in between periods, it is affecting my life I suffer with migraines and have had depression in the past. Could I have a hysteroctomy?
- Is metastasis of the liver curable?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- I have a recto vaginal fistula, I have to submit a few studies and then they'll operate. I wanted to know if the operation is dangerous?
- Are you left with scars after the removal of a sebaceous cyst?
- I had a painful bump on my arm. I thought it would go away but it is getting bigger and it looks like it has pus on the top. Should I let it run its course or get medical help?
- I have a sebaceous cyst on top of my head (1 - 1.5cm). Do you have to remove hair to remove the cyst? I am a woman with long hair and very worried about having a bald patch!
Do you have a question about Liver hemangioma?
Our experts answered the following question about Liver hemangioma:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.