Question about Liver hemangiomaI have been diagnosed after having a baby with a liver hemangioma. Every day I have pain on my right side around the rib cage. I went and saw a specialist and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. But it gets worse when I do exercise and I am constantly tired and got no energy?(bloods-normal)
Thanks for your question. Firstly liver hemangioma is a benign lump and can be found in 2% of the population. It is important that the imaging used has clearly demonstrated the features of an haemangioma. We tend to rely on a MRI scan of liver.
In the majority of people we simply reassure and do not suggest surgery. In extremely rare situations were the patient is extremely symptomatic or where they has been a rare complication we would operate.
Symptoms that get worse with exercise are not typical and tend to be found in musculoskeletal conditions. Similarly it would be very difficult to link tiredness with a diagnosis of haemangioma. I would suggest seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing.
Gastrointestinal Surgeon, General Surgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- is there any other treatment option for breast cancer other than chemo?
- Having meningococcal this new year, my hearing has been affected severely I now require hearing aids, is this a neurological deficit?
- What is the cure for pelvic sepsis after an illeostomy?
- I've read that breast-feeding protects you from breast cancer and that abortion causes it. Is this true?
- I was diagnosed with gastroparesis at UCH about 5 years and have had 15 laparotomies but with no long term advantage. I vomit daily varying from 2-15 times and my recent specialist has said "we can do nothing for you now" i am at a all time low feeling, is there a solution?
- Can you come out of anemia through methods other than iron-rich diet?
- I am 29 years old and this is my third episode of pericarditis. Each one has been worse than the previous. During the last episode there was greater pericardial effusion (moderate) and even a quite considerable right pleural effusion. Is it dangerous to carry out normal activity?
- If someone has this kind of fungi, can it be spread to his/her children when kissing or by leaving bacteria over eating utensils?
- Can a baby receive an artificial intestine?
- I've got a boil in my armpit. It's really swollen and uncomfortable. Should I burst it to let the pus out? Thanks
Do you have a question about Liver hemangioma?
Our experts answered the following question about Liver hemangioma:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.