Question about Liver hemangiomaI have been diagnosed after having a baby with a liver hemangioma. Every day I have pain on my right side around the rib cage. I went and saw a specialist and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. But it gets worse when I do exercise and I am constantly tired and got no energy?(bloods-normal)
Thanks for your question. Firstly liver hemangioma is a benign lump and can be found in 2% of the population. It is important that the imaging used has clearly demonstrated the features of an haemangioma. We tend to rely on a MRI scan of liver.
In the majority of people we simply reassure and do not suggest surgery. In extremely rare situations were the patient is extremely symptomatic or where they has been a rare complication we would operate.
Symptoms that get worse with exercise are not typical and tend to be found in musculoskeletal conditions. Similarly it would be very difficult to link tiredness with a diagnosis of haemangioma. I would suggest seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing.
Gastrointestinal Surgeon, General Surgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- What is the cure for pelvic sepsis after an illeostomy?
- I have Lichen simplex chronicus in my vulva and anus and I'm waiting for my appointment with a dermatologist, is there any chance I can spread it to my partner?
- Since I had my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (by c-section), I have had very heavy menstrual bleeding every 4 weeks, wearing double protection and still leaking on clothes, spotting between periods and stomach cramps although not severe. What should I do?
- Is homeopathy a reliable way of treating urethral stricture?
- I have a gastric ulcer. What should I and should I not eat?
- Is metastasis of the liver curable?
- I’ve had two operations to tackle urethral stricture. The second was a uroplasty five years ago but now the stricture has returned and I have to be operated on again. Is there anything I can do to avoid going through all of this agony again?
- What is the disease ischemic colitis?
- Since having my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (c-section) I have been bleeding heavily using double protection and still leaking on clothes, bleeding in between periods, it is affecting my life I suffer with migraines and have had depression in the past. Could I have a hysteroctomy?
- I think I might have had LSC while I was pregnant, I was constantly itchy around the vulva. Is it something that's more common during prenancy?
Do you have a question about Liver hemangioma?
Our experts answered the following question about Liver hemangioma:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.