Question about Liver hemangiomaI have been diagnosed after having a baby with a liver hemangioma. Every day I have pain on my right side around the rib cage. I went and saw a specialist and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. But it gets worse when I do exercise and I am constantly tired and got no energy?(bloods-normal)
Thanks for your question. Firstly liver hemangioma is a benign lump and can be found in 2% of the population. It is important that the imaging used has clearly demonstrated the features of an haemangioma. We tend to rely on a MRI scan of liver.
In the majority of people we simply reassure and do not suggest surgery. In extremely rare situations were the patient is extremely symptomatic or where they has been a rare complication we would operate.
Symptoms that get worse with exercise are not typical and tend to be found in musculoskeletal conditions. Similarly it would be very difficult to link tiredness with a diagnosis of haemangioma. I would suggest seeing your doctor about the symptoms you are experiencing.
Gastrointestinal Surgeon, General Surgeon
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have a hemorrhoid what specialist should i go?
- I heard that both the width and dimension of the anus after hermorrhoids surgery is much smaller than before. Is that true?
- What is the surgery for Crohn's disease?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- I think I might have had LSC while I was pregnant, I was constantly itchy around the vulva. Is it something that's more common during prenancy?
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- I have Lichen simplex chronicus in my vulva and anus and I'm waiting for my appointment with a dermatologist, is there any chance I can spread it to my partner?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- Thoughts on azathioprine/allopurinol drug combination for crohns disease - results and side effects. Thank you
Do you have a question about Liver hemangioma?
Our experts answered the following question about Liver hemangioma:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.