Question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertensionMy wife was diagnose with iih some months ago and also her iih is accompanied by seizures. My question is do other iih surfers have seizures as well and is keppra and Diamox good medication for seizures and iih respectively?
IIH is not normally accompanied by seizures. Keppra is a good drug for seizures. Diamox is normally used for IIH but it is uncertain exactly how helpful it is; most people with IIH are overweight and weight loss is the best treatment, however difficult it is.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How would you define idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth runs in my family. Most doctors do not know much about it. Where do you think I can get the best help for my son and me?
- Can a baby receive an artificial intestine?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap about 2 years ago. Now she has pain in the front of her knee. Can a dislocation cause patellofemoral syndrome?
- My friend has a fairly pronounced overbite and has always been very self-conscious about her appearance. She has recently been offered surgery to correct it but is worried the change will be so radical people won't recognise her! I keep telling her it's not only cosmetic but functional. Am I right?
- My nerologist assest me for CMT but stated i did not have it due to normal nerve conduction test however i have recantly read that sme types have a normal test. Could i still have CMT i have muscle loss on my lower legs and feet with both feet teiste with high arches?
- If someone has this kind of fungi, can it be spread to his/her children when kissing or by leaving bacteria over eating utensils?
- What is the difference between an elbow subluxation and an elbow dislocation?
- What are meningiomas?
- My husband has a sister with spastic paralysis. Are we more likely to have a child with this disease?
Do you have a question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.