Question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertensionMy wife was diagnose with iih some months ago and also her iih is accompanied by seizures. My question is do other iih surfers have seizures as well and is keppra and Diamox good medication for seizures and iih respectively?
IIH is not normally accompanied by seizures. Keppra is a good drug for seizures. Diamox is normally used for IIH but it is uncertain exactly how helpful it is; most people with IIH are overweight and weight loss is the best treatment, however difficult it is.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How would you define idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
- is there any other treatment option for breast cancer other than chemo?
- I've read that breast-feeding protects you from breast cancer and that abortion causes it. Is this true?
- If someone has this kind of fungi, can it be spread to his/her children when kissing or by leaving bacteria over eating utensils?
- What is the difference between an elbow subluxation and an elbow dislocation?
- Can a baby receive an artificial intestine?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- My daughter dislocated her knee cap about 2 years ago. Now she has pain in the front of her knee. Can a dislocation cause patellofemoral syndrome?
- Good day, I have been put on metoprolol 25 mg. to control occasional supraventricular arrhythmia. It seems to work but it gives me bad dreams which are more disturbing than the arrhythmia. Any alternatives to this drug without those pesky side effects. ?
- For severe sleep apnea is it best to have an operation or to use a mask for sleeping? Is the operation complicated and uncomfortable? Am I right in understanding there are no guaranteed results? Many thanks
Do you have a question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.