Question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertensionMy wife was diagnose with iih some months ago and also her iih is accompanied by seizures. My question is do other iih surfers have seizures as well and is keppra and Diamox good medication for seizures and iih respectively?
IIH is not normally accompanied by seizures. Keppra is a good drug for seizures. Diamox is normally used for IIH but it is uncertain exactly how helpful it is; most people with IIH are overweight and weight loss is the best treatment, however difficult it is.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- I had Guillan Barre over 40 years ago, as a child. Onset was rapid and resulted in me being paralysed from the neck down. Duration was approximately 18 months. All my life I have suffered from chronic fatigue, that GPs have put down to various causes. How can I be checked for residual effects?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- Can a baby receive an artificial intestine?
- What can I do to prevent another abscessed tooth? It was so painful!
- To alter Flat Feet, is it necessary to use orthopedic shoes?
- Please explain to me in layman’s terms what mild epileptic activity consists of. What are the symptoms and risks? How does it affect someone’s behaviour and how does it influence their life?
- How can you alter Flat Feet?
- Are fallen arches the same as flat feet?
- What is the best medication for atrial fibrillations?
Do you have a question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
Our experts answered the following question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.