Question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertensionMy wife was diagnose with iih some months ago and also her iih is accompanied by seizures. My question is do other iih surfers have seizures as well and is keppra and Diamox good medication for seizures and iih respectively?
IIH is not normally accompanied by seizures. Keppra is a good drug for seizures. Diamox is normally used for IIH but it is uncertain exactly how helpful it is; most people with IIH are overweight and weight loss is the best treatment, however difficult it is.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How would you define idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
- Is there a cure for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- I am 29 years old and this is my third episode of pericarditis. Each one has been worse than the previous. During the last episode there was greater pericardial effusion (moderate) and even a quite considerable right pleural effusion. Is it dangerous to carry out normal activity?
- i have had an mri spine which showed cervical spine two bulging discs and lunar spine two bulging discs as well as stage 1 facet joint degeneration, I work as a nurse. I continue to have sharp pain and numbness in both arms and legs/calf's what are my options?
- Will my dizziness stop when my body gets used to isotard?
- I am 55 year old woman diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma 1cm in size after MRI.I have no hearing problems but do have balance problems which first appeared 6 weeks ago hence the MRI. I'm told the tumour is on the 8th cranial nerve and all other nerves are free. Terrified. What is general outcome?
- Why does a CSF leak occur?
- I;ve been feeling out of balance from time to time; blood pressure fairly normal..no other symptoms except tiredness. What could this be due to?
- Do CSF leaks that are from the sphenoid sinus leak out the front of the nose when bent down and CSF leaks that drain down to the back of the throat come from the ethmoid or cribriform plate?
- My daughter is 23 with paroxysmal dystonia, and is trapped at home, forgotten, who do I ask for help ?
Do you have a question about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.