Question about Hammer toeI have bunions in both feet and now the second toes are crossing over the big toes, would i require an operation?
The need for an operation depends on the degree of symptoms and is a personal choice. The condition is not life threatening so operation is for pain and deformity. There are good operations available for this condition and your surgeon will be happy to discuss them with you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
See all 5 questions about Hammer toe
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How long does it take to be able to walk after hammer toe surgery?
- Is a hammer toe operation complicated?
- How long do I have to wait to start walking again after hammertoe surgery?
- A month ago I had an operation on the toes of my left foot. Since coming round from the operation until today my toes have been clenched. Is this normal? Will they stretch out with time or will I need another operation?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- I was diagnosed with FB a year ago. It runs from the temporal bone to the maxilla. Since October 14 I have been prescribed Biophosponates which has helped with the pain but not the periodic swelling which appears to be anxiety related. I think it has moved into my sinus region, is this possible?
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- What kind of activites cause tennis elbow?
Do you have a question about Hammer toe?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Hammer toe.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.