Question about Hammer toeI have bunions in both feet and now the second toes are crossing over the big toes, would i require an operation?
The need for an operation depends on the degree of symptoms and is a personal choice. The condition is not life threatening so operation is for pain and deformity. There are good operations available for this condition and your surgeon will be happy to discuss them with you.
Orthopaedic surgeon, Orthopaedist
See all 5 questions about Hammer toe
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How long does it take to be able to walk after hammer toe surgery?
- Is a hammer toe operation complicated?
- A month ago I had an operation on the toes of my left foot. Since coming round from the operation until today my toes have been clenched. Is this normal? Will they stretch out with time or will I need another operation?
- How long do I have to wait to start walking again after hammertoe surgery?
- I was diagnosed with FB a year ago. It runs from the temporal bone to the maxilla. Since October 14 I have been prescribed Biophosponates which has helped with the pain but not the periodic swelling which appears to be anxiety related. I think it has moved into my sinus region, is this possible?
- I have been diagnosed with non allergic rhinitis and have been tested for dust, pollen, pets etc all came back negative. Still not cleared up after 2 years of steroid sprays and antihistamines. Could any other allergy be causing these symptoms?
- My daughter is daydreaming always, it never meant any problem but recently she doesnt hear when we talk to hear, one time she bumped into a door because she didnt see it, she was so inmersed in her thoughts. Should i be afraid or just let her outgrow it?
- Can you come out of anemia through methods other than iron-rich diet?
- What is Rhinitis and does it affect breathing during sleep?
- My son (10yo) suffers from frequent ear infections with perforation/discharge, always in the same ear (never the other). Nobody can tell us why. Could there be an anatomical reason for this? A 'kink' or blockage in his Eustachian tube? Are there any tests that could give us the answer?
Do you have a question about Hammer toe?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Hammer toe.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.