Question about Fibrous dysplasiaI was diagnosed with FB a year ago. It runs from the temporal bone to the maxilla. Since October 14 I have been prescribed Biophosponates which has helped with the pain but not the periodic swelling which appears to be anxiety related. I think it has moved into my sinus region, is this possible?
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- Is hip - dysplasia a life long condition? I mean, isn't there any kind of definitive treatment?
- What are the symptoms of Sheehan syndrome?
- I am a community physiotherapist. Could you please confirm if it is normal for a patient with Ramsey Hunt to loose their swallow (now being PEG fed), have mass shoulder girdle weakness along with loss of thenar eminence and intrinsic hand muscles?
- I have arthritis in my hands. My knuckles are huge and my fingers bend to the side. It is getting harder to use my hands. What can be done?
- Are there other methods of correcting metatarsus addicts in a very active year old child than casts ?
- Severe injury 10 years ago to ankle and whole foot now giving considerable pain. How can i find orthopaedic specialist in Sheffield area?
- Can I practice yoga? I fractured my L2 9 months ago due to a fall and osteoporosis. Thanks
- My knee keeps clicking and popping 1 year after surgery. Is this normal?
- I am in my twenties and am embarrassed about my teeth. Am I too old to get braces?
Do you have a question about Fibrous dysplasia?
Our experts answered the following question about Fibrous dysplasia:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.