Question about Ectopic pregnancyI have a septate uterus, what are my chances of an ectopic pregnancy? Also, does an ectopic pregnancy produce positive urine hcg tests?
Ectopic pregnancy has an incidence of 1 in 80 pregnancies. A septate uterus is associated with ectopic pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage, preterm birth and breech babies.
An ectopic pregnancy does produce a postive urine test so an early scan is advised.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I heard that both the width and dimension of the anus after hermorrhoids surgery is much smaller than before. Is that true?
- How long does hemorrhoids surgery take? Will I feel any incomfort during the operation?
- Since I had my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (by c-section), I have had very heavy menstrual bleeding every 4 weeks, wearing double protection and still leaking on clothes, spotting between periods and stomach cramps although not severe. What should I do?
- What are the criteria for this diagnosis?
- I have a utheral caruncle about the size of a lentil, I don't have any pain, it was detected by a gynecologist, should I have an operation to remove it or should I leave it, will I have problems in the future?
- When does having recurrent candidiasis affect fertility? What consequences can this disease have and does it have a cure?
- I've got a boil in my armpit. It's really swollen and uncomfortable. Should I burst it to let the pus out? Thanks
- For about a year now I’ve had boils, but it only began when I started my new job. I’m in the navy and I get them when I’m at sea. What medication should I take and what should I do?
- I had a painful bump on my arm. I thought it would go away but it is getting bigger and it looks like it has pus on the top. Should I let it run its course or get medical help?
- I keep having chemical pregnancies my blood test for blood clotting came back inconclusive but the blood specialist said i didn't need aspirin - is it more likely i do?
Do you have a question about Ectopic pregnancy?
Our experts answered the following question about Ectopic pregnancy:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.