My daughter is 23 with paroxysmal dystonia, and is trapped at home, fo...

A neurologist with expertise in movement disorders should be able to help. Medication with carbamazepine or clobazam may help; botulinum toxin might be appropriate if there are certain muscles that are particularly symptomatic.

Related questions

Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:

Do you have a question about Dystonia?

Our experts answered the following question about Dystonia:

Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free

  • Your question will be published anonymously
  • Make it one, clear, medical question
  • Be brief
  • This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
  • Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
In order to improve our service we are using our own and third-party cookies. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our cookie policy. More info X