Question about DyslexiaWhy are dyslexic children more intelligent?
The brain is like a computer that can do many amazing things but the more we try to multi task, the more mistakes we make: like having too many \Windows open on a PC. So having dyslexia means you can't run Word and this allows the other software to run better.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- How can be removed groin fungi?
- Do u need throat swab to diagnosis scarlet fever or is physical assessment enough?
- 2 weeks ago I've changed my glasses and since then I have troubles with permanent headaches. I tried wearing my previous glasses and I feel better. Should I change my glasses?
- I suspect that I have suffered with PMDD for a long time and am now going through the menopause. i am having significant problems with depression and would like some advise on the best way to deal with this please?
- Please explain to me in layman’s terms what mild epileptic activity consists of. What are the symptoms and risks? How does it affect someone’s behaviour and how does it influence their life?
- Having had tinnitus for over 30 years I have had regular hearing tests which I have been satisfactory. I have never had any type of test or procedure to try and identify the cause. What type of consultant should I contact regarding tinnitus? Bernard Dundon
- My toddler has itchy, dry, bumpy skin even when I use lotion. Nothing seems to help. How can I help her?
- What ages are compromised by hypodontia?
- I had intertimpanic injection to the left ear for my meniere's disease. Can this be done again?
Do you have a question about Dyslexia?
Our experts answered the following question about Dyslexia:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.