Question about DyslexiaWhy are dyslexic children more intelligent?
The brain is like a computer that can do many amazing things but the more we try to multi task, the more mistakes we make: like having too many \Windows open on a PC. So having dyslexia means you can't run Word and this allows the other software to run better.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I am tired all the time, although i do get a good night's sleep. I have lost 2 stone in weight over the past year. I have stomach ache and feel nauseous, All the blood tests, scan and full internal examinations show no problem But, I am not well. What should I do? Thanks.
- I had Guillan Barre over 40 years ago, as a child. Onset was rapid and resulted in me being paralysed from the neck down. Duration was approximately 18 months. All my life I have suffered from chronic fatigue, that GPs have put down to various causes. How can I be checked for residual effects?
- I am contacting your good selves due to my mother being diagnosed with tension headaches, a year ago. The treatment consists of painkillers and a prophylactic drug at bedtime, but the fact is that the pains are getting stronger and more frequent and she isn't given any other solution. Is there anything that can be done?
- Can you use an exercise bike with spinal stenosis?
- Is it normal for spinal stenosis to cause your feet to go into spasm?
- I have an 8 year old daughter; at 7 years old she started to develop pubic hair, she has had the odd spot on her face and now her underarms smell. I have searched the Internet and have seen that it could be Precocious puberty. I would like to know if this is normal?
- I've had a lumbar spine decompression for spinal stenosis but still have problems. Before the operationI had an EMG showing chronic lesions at L5 - S1. Will the pain disappear? Thanks
- chiari 1 always produce obstruction of the lcr at the magnum cistern? the patient has no symptons . Which is the treatment or decision about it?
- What treatment would you recommend for spinal stenosis in the cervical spine of an 80 year old patient?
- My daughter is only ten years old and already has black heads on her nose.This seems very young to me or is it normal? I've bought her a gentle facial wash and a facial brush to try and keep the area clean. I don't know what else i can do.Thanks
Do you have a question about Dyslexia?
Our experts answered the following question about Dyslexia:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.