Question about DyslexiaWhy are dyslexic children more intelligent?
The brain is like a computer that can do many amazing things but the more we try to multi task, the more mistakes we make: like having too many \Windows open on a PC. So having dyslexia means you can't run Word and this allows the other software to run better.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is there a recognised specialist in Brachial Plexus nerve injuries in the UK?. My Mother had a fall resulting in a dislocation and damaged nerves in the left shoulder. She has little movement in her shoulder and only slight movement in thumb and forefinger. Lives in Birmingham but can travel
- My daughter is daydreaming always, it never meant any problem but recently she doesnt hear when we talk to hear, one time she bumped into a door because she didnt see it, she was so inmersed in her thoughts. Should i be afraid or just let her outgrow it?
- How would you define idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
- I have been getting migraine headaches. I had a CT scan and the doctor said that I have a mucous retention cyst. Can this kind of cyst cause migraines?
- I'm asking you this since my mother was diagnosed with tension-induced headaches, a year ago, the treatment consists of painkillers and a profilactic before going to bed. The issue is that the pains are becoming more intense and more frequent and they haven't given any solutions. Is there anything she can do?
- My boyfriend has Aspergers syndrome. What difficulties should I expect to face during our lives - behaviour, relationships?
- My wife was diagnose with iih some months ago and also her iih is accompanied by seizures. My question is do other iih surfers have seizures as well and is keppra and Diamox good medication for seizures and iih respectively?
- I am 55 year old woman diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma 1cm in size after MRI.I have no hearing problems but do have balance problems which first appeared 6 weeks ago hence the MRI. I'm told the tumour is on the 8th cranial nerve and all other nerves are free. Terrified. What is general outcome?
- What is the treatment for a mucous retention cyst? Is it painful?
- How can Aspergers syndrome be diagnosed in an adult?
Do you have a question about Dyslexia?
Our experts answered the following question about Dyslexia:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.