Question about Dupuytrens contractureWhat exactly is the Dupuytren?
Dupuytren's contracture is a flexion contracture of the palmar fascia of the hand due to palmar fibromatosis, in which the fingers bend towards the palm (and can't be straightened fully). It is an inherited proliferative connective tissue disorder that involves the palmar fascia. It is named after Baron Guillaume Duypuytren, the surgeon who described an operation to correct it.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- How can you alter Flat Feet?
- My 4-year-old son has flat feet. Is it necessary to be corrected?
- tore a ligament in my foot by twisting three months ago, still painful. X-ray ok. please advise?
- To alter Flat Feet, is it necessary to use orthopedic shoes?
- The Hipermobility syndrome does also involve bruising and swollen veins on hands?
- I think I have hypermobility syndrome which causes chronic back/neck pain. Who should I ask my GP to refer me to?
Do you have a question about Dupuytrens contracture?
Our experts answered the following question about Dupuytrens contracture:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.