Question about Dupuytrens contractureWhat exactly is the Dupuytren?
Dupuytren's contracture is a flexion contracture of the palmar fascia of the hand due to palmar fibromatosis, in which the fingers bend towards the palm (and can't be straightened fully). It is an inherited proliferative connective tissue disorder that involves the palmar fascia. It is named after Baron Guillaume Duypuytren, the surgeon who described an operation to correct it.
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- What are the patellofermoral disorders?
- Back pain since early 20s then lumbar discitis 2009. Daily moderate pain/stiffness limits any lifting or sitting/standing in one position. Increasingly more prone to acute spasm episodes.Physiotherapy & Naproxen unhelpful. Is there a steroid injection for pain or anything else other than surgery?
- I was diagnosed with FB a year ago. It runs from the temporal bone to the maxilla. Since October 14 I have been prescribed Biophosponates which has helped with the pain but not the periodic swelling which appears to be anxiety related. I think it has moved into my sinus region, is this possible?
- Can I practice yoga? I fractured my L2 9 months ago due to a fall and osteoporosis. Thanks
- Is hip - dysplasia a life long condition? I mean, isn't there any kind of definitive treatment?
- Severe injury 10 years ago to ankle and whole foot now giving considerable pain. How can i find orthopaedic specialist in Sheffield area?
- What happens if you do not take care of Bicipital tendinitis?
- I have been running several miles per day. Then my hip started hurting so badly that I have had to stop. I have bursitis in my hip. What is the best way to treat hip bursitis so I can start running again?
- i have had an mri spine which showed cervical spine two bulging discs and lunar spine two bulging discs as well as stage 1 facet joint degeneration, I work as a nurse. I continue to have sharp pain and numbness in both arms and legs/calf's what are my options?
- I have general stiffness every morning when getting up, also after I have been sitting down, could this be arthritis?
Do you have a question about Dupuytrens contracture?
Our experts answered the following question about Dupuytrens contracture:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.