Question about DepressionHow should one deal with depressed people?
Be there for them even if they try to push you away.
Encourage them to focus their attention outwards and reengage in pleasurable activities.
Get them out of the house or doing some form of exercise which may also improve sleep.
Stop them from sleeping too much (excessive REM/ dreaming can exacerbate depression)
Mental Health Specialist, Psychotherapist
See all 5 questions about Depression
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Can a person with a greater tendency to depression have a stable relationship with a partner?
- How does depression start?
- During depression and experiencing auditory hallucinations, can command hallucinations cause the sufferer to lose self control and do things totally out of character ; even immoral or illegal things?
- Does depression necessarily need to be treated with antidepressants?
- What are the characteristics of anxiety disorder?
- What alternative therapies can help to improve Anxiety Disorder?
- My daughter is daydreaming always, it never meant any problem but recently she doesnt hear when we talk to hear, one time she bumped into a door because she didnt see it, she was so inmersed in her thoughts. Should i be afraid or just let her outgrow it?
- I'm 30 years old, and since I can remember I've suffered from nightmares. I always wake up looking for the light or a way out or help, arriving to lift me up. Which specialist should I see?
- What are the symptoms of anorexia?
- I've had PTSD for 3 months now, my family gave me a plane ticket for a holiday to rest a bit. They hope it will help. Will this helo with the cure? Or will nothing change?
Do you have a question about Depression?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Depression.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.