Question about DepressionHow should one deal with depressed people?
Be there for them even if they try to push you away.
Encourage them to focus their attention outwards and reengage in pleasurable activities.
Get them out of the house or doing some form of exercise which may also improve sleep.
Stop them from sleeping too much (excessive REM/ dreaming can exacerbate depression)
Mental Health Specialist, Psychotherapist
See all 5 questions about Depression
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Can a person with a greater tendency to depression have a stable relationship with a partner?
- How does depression start?
- Does depression necessarily need to be treated with antidepressants?
- During depression and experiencing auditory hallucinations, can command hallucinations cause the sufferer to lose self control and do things totally out of character ; even immoral or illegal things?
- What are the characteristics of anxiety disorder?
- I keep having panic attacks all the time it is making my live a misery I cannot go into shops or out for a walk at present I am on Mirtazapine15mg at night also Duloxetine30mg in the morning fo this past six months but they are not h helping me, what should I do?
- What alternative therapies can help to improve Anxiety Disorder?
- I've had anorexia for almost 5 years because it is always relapses, but I feel that I want be done for good. What is the best way for starting off recovery? For not feeling guilt even for a bite.
- I had anorexia, "I cured myself" and now I am a compulsive eater….what should i do?
- I have a friend that feels fat and I would like to help her but I don't know how. How can I help her?
Do you have a question about Depression?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Depression.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.