Question about DepressionDuring depression and experiencing auditory hallucinations, can command hallucinations cause the sufferer to lose self control and do things totally out of character ; even immoral or illegal things?
Sometimes people find command hallucinations too distressing to ignore or distract themselves from. Psychological help and/ or medication can help.
Mental Health Specialist, Psychotherapist
See all 5 questions about Depression
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Can a person with a greater tendency to depression have a stable relationship with a partner?
- How does depression start?
- How should one deal with depressed people?
- Does depression necessarily need to be treated with antidepressants?
- I have an 8 year old daughter; at 7 years old she started to develop pubic hair, she has had the odd spot on her face and now her underarms smell. I have searched the Internet and have seen that it could be Precocious puberty. I would like to know if this is normal?
- A good friend of mine has been diagnosed with PTSD. She has vivid dreams of her biggest fears most nights. what help is there for this?
- I suspect that I have suffered with PMDD for a long time and am now going through the menopause. i am having significant problems with depression and would like some advise on the best way to deal with this please?
- My boyfriend is a hypochondriac; he’s always got something that hurts. If it’s not his stomach it's his leg, or his head or something on his skin. He’s always thinking he’s going to die or that he suffers from a very serious illness. How can I help him?
- How can I reduce my anxiety and appetite as a result of having given up smoking? It has been more than a year and I continue to suffer from anxiety and my weight is increasing a lot. Thanks
- Is any psychologist able to treat social phobia or do you need someone specialized? Thanks
Do you have a question about Depression?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Depression.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.