Question about DepressionDuring depression and experiencing auditory hallucinations, can command hallucinations cause the sufferer to lose self control and do things totally out of character ; even immoral or illegal things?
Sometimes people find command hallucinations too distressing to ignore or distract themselves from. Psychological help and/ or medication can help.
Mental Health Specialist, Psychotherapist
Command hallucinations can result in the sufferer doing dangerous things - in depression we would be particularly concerned that the commands might include harming themselves.
I would recommend urgent treatment.
See all 5 questions about Depression
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- How does depression start?
- Can a person with a greater tendency to depression have a stable relationship with a partner?
- How should one deal with depressed people?
- Does depression necessarily need to be treated with antidepressants?
- I have an 8 year old daughter; at 7 years old she started to develop pubic hair, she has had the odd spot on her face and now her underarms smell. I have searched the Internet and have seen that it could be Precocious puberty. I would like to know if this is normal?
- What is the treatment for ptsd?
- I had a high stress experience about 7 months ago and have not felt the same since with daily head tension and neck ache and I'm not sure if I have PTSD or what or how to recover from it. what should i do?
- I've had PTSD for 3 months now, my family gave me a plane ticket for a holiday to rest a bit. They hope it will help. Will this helo with the cure? Or will nothing change?
- How can Vaginismus be treated?
- How can I reduce my anxiety and appetite as a result of having given up smoking? It has been more than a year and I continue to suffer from anxiety and my weight is increasing a lot. Thanks
Do you have a question about Depression?
Our experts have answered 5 questions about Depression.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.