Question about DementiaWhat is the difference between schizophrenia and dementia praecox?
Dementia praecox was the term used by Kraepelin who described the illness nowadays knows as schizophrenia. Your question is like asking "is a BMW the same as a horseless carriage?"
See all 3 questions about Dementia
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's the same as senile dementia?
- What are the first signs of Dementia?
- I had Guillan Barre over 40 years ago, as a child. Onset was rapid and resulted in me being paralysed from the neck down. Duration was approximately 18 months. All my life I have suffered from chronic fatigue, that GPs have put down to various causes. How can I be checked for residual effects?
- Can you use an exercise bike with spinal stenosis?
- Is it normal for spinal stenosis to cause your feet to go into spasm?
- What treatment would you recommend for spinal stenosis in the cervical spine of an 80 year old patient?
- I've had a lumbar spine decompression for spinal stenosis but still have problems. Before the operationI had an EMG showing chronic lesions at L5 - S1. Will the pain disappear? Thanks
- Can thymoma stage 2 be cured? My sister is at the moment being treated with chemotherapy, but they don't seem to know much about this disease.
- What are the treatments for TMD?
- Is there a treatment for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Do you have a question about Dementia?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Dementia.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.