Question about DementiaWhat is the difference between schizophrenia and dementia praecox?
Dementia praecox was the term used by Kraepelin who described the illness nowadays knows as schizophrenia. Your question is like asking "is a BMW the same as a horseless carriage?"
See all 3 questions about Dementia
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's the same as senile dementia?
- What are the first signs of Dementia?
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth runs in my family. Most doctors do not know much about it. Where do you think I can get the best help for my son and me?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- My nerologist assest me for CMT but stated i did not have it due to normal nerve conduction test however i have recantly read that sme types have a normal test. Could i still have CMT i have muscle loss on my lower legs and feet with both feet teiste with high arches?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- For severe sleep apnea is it best to have an operation or to use a mask for sleeping? Is the operation complicated and uncomfortable? Am I right in understanding there are no guaranteed results? Many thanks
- Have had terrible sciatic pain for 2 years now in my legs and feet - can't sit or stand for long and always in pain. Had many spinal injections with no help at all. I'm at the end of my tether now with the constant nagging pain. Is there an operation for this?
- What is the best medication for atrial fibrillations?
- Good day, I have been put on metoprolol 25 mg. to control occasional supraventricular arrhythmia. It seems to work but it gives me bad dreams which are more disturbing than the arrhythmia. Any alternatives to this drug without those pesky side effects. ?
Do you have a question about Dementia?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Dementia.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.