Question about DementiaWhat are the first signs of Dementia?
This depends upon the type of dementia. Most lay people think that memory loss is the main symptom of dementia but we all struggle a little with memory which naturally worsens with age and with stress. People with dementia have much more wrong with them than memory loss. For example getting lost in familiar places is worrying for Alzheimer's disease, whereas visual hallucinations and sleep disturbance suggest Lewy Body disease. Dementia is a group of different diseases (like temperature or skin rash) for which there are many symptoms and diagnoses.
See all 3 questions about Dementia
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- What is the difference between schizophrenia and dementia praecox?
- Is Alzheimer's the same as senile dementia?
- I had Guillan Barre over 40 years ago, as a child. Onset was rapid and resulted in me being paralysed from the neck down. Duration was approximately 18 months. All my life I have suffered from chronic fatigue, that GPs have put down to various causes. How can I be checked for residual effects?
- I've had a lumbar spine decompression for spinal stenosis but still have problems. Before the operationI had an EMG showing chronic lesions at L5 - S1. Will the pain disappear? Thanks
- Can you use an exercise bike with spinal stenosis?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- What treatment would you recommend for spinal stenosis in the cervical spine of an 80 year old patient?
- Is it normal for spinal stenosis to cause your feet to go into spasm?
- My mother has been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillaton, shes been put on bisoprolol. Then after a week she had a stroke. Shes now on rivaroxaban 20mg. Shes still having palpitations and waiting to see a cardiologist. Is she in risk of having another stroke?
- chiari 1 always produce obstruction of the lcr at the magnum cistern? the patient has no symptons . Which is the treatment or decision about it?
Do you have a question about Dementia?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Dementia.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.