Question about DementiaWhat are the first signs of Dementia?
This depends upon the type of dementia. Most lay people think that memory loss is the main symptom of dementia but we all struggle a little with memory which naturally worsens with age and with stress. People with dementia have much more wrong with them than memory loss. For example getting lost in familiar places is worrying for Alzheimer's disease, whereas visual hallucinations and sleep disturbance suggest Lewy Body disease. Dementia is a group of different diseases (like temperature or skin rash) for which there are many symptoms and diagnoses.
See all 3 questions about Dementia
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's the same as senile dementia?
- What is the difference between schizophrenia and dementia praecox?
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- chiari 1 always produce obstruction of the lcr at the magnum cistern? the patient has no symptons . Which is the treatment or decision about it?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- Is Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
- I have sciatica. It has been getting more painful. Can you please tell me about what treatments work for sciatica?
- can a neurologist help with nerve compression in the neck?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- What are the symptoms of spondylolisthesis? I have back pain and numbness in my leg.
Do you have a question about Dementia?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Dementia.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.