Question about CSF leakDo CSF leaks that are from the sphenoid sinus leak out the front of the nose when bent down and CSF leaks that drain down to the back of the throat come from the ethmoid or cribriform plate?
The site of the leak (front of nose, or throat) is not diagnostically helpful. The key point is to be sure that the fluid is indeed CSF and not some less worrying secretion. Analysis of the fluid should give the answer.
See all 2 questions about CSF leak
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Why does a CSF leak occur?
- What are the patellofermoral disorders?
- I was diagnosed with FB a year ago. It runs from the temporal bone to the maxilla. Since October 14 I have been prescribed Biophosponates which has helped with the pain but not the periodic swelling which appears to be anxiety related. I think it has moved into my sinus region, is this possible?
- How would you define idiopathic intracranial hypertension?
- Back pain since early 20s then lumbar discitis 2009. Daily moderate pain/stiffness limits any lifting or sitting/standing in one position. Increasingly more prone to acute spasm episodes.Physiotherapy & Naproxen unhelpful. Is there a steroid injection for pain or anything else other than surgery?
- Is there a recognised specialist in Brachial Plexus nerve injuries in the UK?. My Mother had a fall resulting in a dislocation and damaged nerves in the left shoulder. She has little movement in her shoulder and only slight movement in thumb and forefinger. Lives in Birmingham but can travel
- I have a 5cm myoma. I have had a contraceptive coil for 6 years, I am 56 years old and I continue to have periods. I have gained weight and have mood swings. I would like to know if there is an alternative and less invasive treatment than hormone therapy? Thank you.
- Almost a month ago I underwent an open Abdominal Myomectomy. Suddenly I started experiencing a strong pain on my lower right hand side (it would appear to be the ovary) and signs like those at the beginning of my menstrual cycle started to appear. Is this Ok? Is this normal?
- If I have my period on the day of the myomectomy, can they operate anyway?
- Are myomas dangerous?
Do you have a question about CSF leak?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about CSF leak.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.