Question about CSF leakDo CSF leaks that are from the sphenoid sinus leak out the front of the nose when bent down and CSF leaks that drain down to the back of the throat come from the ethmoid or cribriform plate?
The site of the leak (front of nose, or throat) is not diagnostically helpful. The key point is to be sure that the fluid is indeed CSF and not some less worrying secretion. Analysis of the fluid should give the answer.
See all 2 questions about CSF leak
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Why does a CSF leak occur?
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- My friends 17 year old son has been diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis in September 2016. He is on crutches and receiving pain relief and hydrotherapy. His mother is getting increasingly frustrated and worried that not enough is being done. what next? Any advice gratefully received.
- I have been told today that my Avascular Necrosis, for which I was given an urgent appt with the Consultant is temporary, and will clear itself. This is contrary to everything I have read, can someone please advise me.?
- Is avascular necrosis of the hips the same disease as infarct in the knee?
- I have avn in multiple joints, areas within my femur & tibia caused by steriod treatment for leukaemia 19 years ago. Ive had both hips replaced & need major knee surgery soon. After removal of dead bone & joint replacement, can avn come back in remaining healthy bone?
- Have not seen my menstrual period for over 6 month now. I have an history of hyper prolactenemia. What could be the course and solution to my problem. Am just 32 yrs and about to get married.??
- The Hipermobility syndrome does also involve bruising and swollen veins on hands?
- I am going to have surgery to removed my wisdom teeth. They are unerupted. Is it harder to removed a wisdom tooth when it is unerupted?
- can a neurologist help with nerve compression in the neck?
Do you have a question about CSF leak?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about CSF leak.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.