Question about Breast canceris there any other treatment option for breast cancer other than chemo?
Chemotherapy is usually a treatment that is offered along with radiotherapy following surgery or instead of surgery. Chemotherapy is beneficial for local and regional or distal spread of the cancer. Chemotherapy also helps to downsize the tumour prior to surgery. At the present time there is no substitute for chemotherapy. There is a hormonal therapy that is directed towards presence of receptors, but is not a substitute for chemotherapy.
See all 2 questions about Breast cancer
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I've read that breast-feeding protects you from breast cancer and that abortion causes it. Is this true?
- I am 34. I have been taking provera treatment for endometrial cancer - grade 1a. The cancer reversed within 3 months and a biopsy stated that it was pre cancer - atypical hyperplasia.My further 3 biopsies showed a pattern of atypical hyperplasia. they are recommending hysterectomy- mri is clear, what should i do?
- I have endometriosis. Am I more likely to get endometrial cancer?
- What can I do to prevent another abscessed tooth? It was so painful!
- What is the disease ischemic colitis?
- Is having a double aortic arch hereditary?
- chiari 1 always produce obstruction of the lcr at the magnum cistern? the patient has no symptons . Which is the treatment or decision about it?
- I have some bumps on my vulva and it hurts when I urinate. I am afraid. What are the symptoms of cancer of the vulva?
- To alter Flat Feet, is it necessary to use orthopedic shoes?
- Are fallen arches the same as flat feet?
Do you have a question about Breast cancer?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Breast cancer.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.