Question about Breast canceris there any other treatment option for breast cancer other than chemo?
Chemotherapy is usually a treatment that is offered along with radiotherapy following surgery or instead of surgery. Chemotherapy is beneficial for local and regional or distal spread of the cancer. Chemotherapy also helps to downsize the tumour prior to surgery. At the present time there is no substitute for chemotherapy. There is a hormonal therapy that is directed towards presence of receptors, but is not a substitute for chemotherapy.
See all 2 questions about Breast cancer
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I've read that breast-feeding protects you from breast cancer and that abortion causes it. Is this true?
- What can I take for the hayfever if I am breastfeeding?
- Until December they are not giving me allergy tests and they have told me to try to not take anything until I have them. I have spent the whole night sneezing and with rinitis and itchy eyes and I am feeling bad. I have a family history with an allergy to fungi. What would you advise me in order to relieve the symptoms?
- What is the difference between an elbow subluxation and an elbow dislocation?
- Is having a double aortic arch hereditary?
- what is neurosarcoidosis?
- Is Otosclerosis worsened during pregnancy?
- What is the difference between scoliosis and kyphosis?
- My allergy tests will be done in two months and I've been told not to take anything until they are done. I spent all last night sneezing, with hay fever and itchy eyes and I'm really suffering. I have a family history of allergy to fungus. What can you recommend to alleviate the symptoms?
- can a neurologist help with nerve compression in the neck?
Do you have a question about Breast cancer?
Our experts have answered 2 questions about Breast cancer.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.