Question about Amyloidosis - cardiacIs speckleing of the left ventricle a sure sign of Amyloidosis starting?
On ultrasound the heart muscle appears speckled. In amyloidosis, this speckling has a more diffuse character typically described as "ground glass" pattern. This is suggestive but is neither necessary to make a diagnosis of amyloidosis nor is it specific (i.e. It can be seen in other conditions). It usually leads to more tests to help make a diagnosis
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- I have warts between my anus and vagina - Could this be HPV? What else could it be?
- I am 29 years old and this is my third episode of pericarditis. Each one has been worse than the previous. During the last episode there was greater pericardial effusion (moderate) and even a quite considerable right pleural effusion. Is it dangerous to carry out normal activity?
- What is the best diet for diverticulitis?
- Does Labolife work against HPV? This appears a herbal remedy...
- If a man is a carrier of HPV, can this be cured?
- What is Rhinitis and does it affect breathing during sleep?
- I have been diagnosed with non allergic rhinitis and have been tested for dust, pollen, pets etc all came back negative. Still not cleared up after 2 years of steroid sprays and antihistamines. Could any other allergy be causing these symptoms?
- Is surgery the best option for diverticulitis?
- I have a small wart on my outer lips but I do not have an appointment to see a gynecologist for more than a month. During this month is there a risk that the wart will increase in size or that complications could develop? Can I continue to have sexual intercourse with my partner? I have always used condoms but this has still happened.
- I had anorexia, "I cured myself" and now I am a compulsive eater….what should i do?
Do you have a question about Amyloidosis - cardiac?
Our experts answered the following question about Amyloidosis - cardiac:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.