Question about Amyloidosis - cardiacIs speckleing of the left ventricle a sure sign of Amyloidosis starting?
On ultrasound the heart muscle appears speckled. In amyloidosis, this speckling has a more diffuse character typically described as "ground glass" pattern. This is suggestive but is neither necessary to make a diagnosis of amyloidosis nor is it specific (i.e. It can be seen in other conditions). It usually leads to more tests to help make a diagnosis
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- two metformin tablets a day give me diarrohhea. is there a substitute medication ?
- How is a food allergy different from a food intolerance?
- What are the symptoms of anorexia?
- I have a friend that feels fat and I would like to help her but I don't know how. How can I help her?
- Can you come out of anemia through methods other than iron-rich diet?
- Can an operated fissure reappear?
- I had anorexia, "I cured myself" and now I am a compulsive eater….what should i do?
- Since having my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (c-section) I have been bleeding heavily using double protection and still leaking on clothes, bleeding in between periods, it is affecting my life I suffer with migraines and have had depression in the past. Could I have a hysteroctomy?
- Since I had my 3rd child in Feb 2015 (by c-section), I have had very heavy menstrual bleeding every 4 weeks, wearing double protection and still leaking on clothes, spotting between periods and stomach cramps although not severe. What should I do?
- I was diagnosed with gastroparesis at UCH about 5 years and have had 15 laparotomies but with no long term advantage. I vomit daily varying from 2-15 times and my recent specialist has said "we can do nothing for you now" i am at a all time low feeling, is there a solution?
Do you have a question about Amyloidosis - cardiac?
Our experts answered the following question about Amyloidosis - cardiac:
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.