Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
No, but Alzheimer's is commoner in oder people and those who smoke die on average 10 years younger than non smokers so may not live long enough to get age-related illnesses. It is a sad fact that as medical and public health advances let us live longer, we are therefore more vulnerable to age related illness.
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- What kind of activites cause tennis elbow?
- I had a high stress experience about 7 months ago and have not felt the same since with daily head tension and neck ache and I'm not sure if I have PTSD or what or how to recover from it. what should i do?
- I'm 30 years old, and since I can remember I've suffered from nightmares. I always wake up looking for the light or a way out or help, arriving to lift me up. Which specialist should I see?
- I have Lichen simplex chronicus in my vulva and anus and I'm waiting for my appointment with a dermatologist, is there any chance I can spread it to my partner?
- I have an 8 year old daughter; at 7 years old she started to develop pubic hair, she has had the odd spot on her face and now her underarms smell. I have searched the Internet and have seen that it could be Precocious puberty. I would like to know if this is normal?
- I have chronic epididymitis what can i do to cure it?
- Is tonsillitis contagious?
- I have sciatica. It has been getting more painful. Can you please tell me about what treatments work for sciatica?
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.