Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
No, but Alzheimer's is commoner in oder people and those who smoke die on average 10 years younger than non smokers so may not live long enough to get age-related illnesses. It is a sad fact that as medical and public health advances let us live longer, we are therefore more vulnerable to age related illness.
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- I heard that both the width and dimension of the anus after hermorrhoids surgery is much smaller than before. Is that true?
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- I am contacting your good selves due to my mother being diagnosed with tension headaches, a year ago. The treatment consists of painkillers and a prophylactic drug at bedtime, but the fact is that the pains are getting stronger and more frequent and she isn't given any other solution. Is there anything that can be done?
- If I have come out in genital warts, does this also mean I have HPV?
- How long does hemorrhoids surgery take? Will I feel any incomfort during the operation?
- I have warts between my anus and vagina - Could this be HPV? What else could it be?
- I have a small wart on my outer lips but I do not have an appointment to see a gynecologist for more than a month. During this month is there a risk that the wart will increase in size or that complications could develop? Can I continue to have sexual intercourse with my partner? I have always used condoms but this has still happened.
- Does Labolife work against HPV? This appears a herbal remedy...
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.