Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
No, but Alzheimer's is commoner in oder people and those who smoke die on average 10 years younger than non smokers so may not live long enough to get age-related illnesses. It is a sad fact that as medical and public health advances let us live longer, we are therefore more vulnerable to age related illness.
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- Is there a cure for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
- Can an operated fissure reappear?
- My partner takes cocaine sporadically, I have been with him for three years and I have done it three times, but when he does it, he goes crazy, he disappears from consuming so much, he is capable of spending all his money. He used to see a psychologist but he used to say that he didn't have anything wrong, what can I do?
- I;ve been feeling out of balance from time to time; blood pressure fairly normal..no other symptoms except tiredness. What could this be due to?
- Am I a drug addict if I smoke a joint?
- I have just stopped (4weeks ago) antidepressants after 20 years. I was on 40 mg of fluoxetine. Since then I have had insomnia, muscle aches and pains and increased irritability and angry outbursts. How do I know whether this is a return of depression or withdrawal symptoms?
- My husband has Parkinson's disease, and, although his tremor is well controlled by drugs, it is the non-motor symptoms that are more distressing, yet remain unaddressed. He is constantly exhausted, unable to think clearly, and his memory has become very poor. Should he seek further advice?
- Will my dizziness stop when my body gets used to isotard?
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.