Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
Both. Your question pre-supposes "mind body dualism" a concept that arose before we understood that the brain is the organ of the mind. Alzheimer's is a disease of the brain that leads to change in thinking (cognition).
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- I had a high stress experience about 7 months ago and have not felt the same since with daily head tension and neck ache and I'm not sure if I have PTSD or what or how to recover from it. what should i do?
- I've had PTSD for 3 months now, my family gave me a plane ticket for a holiday to rest a bit. They hope it will help. Will this helo with the cure? Or will nothing change?
- I have an 8 year old daughter; at 7 years old she started to develop pubic hair, she has had the odd spot on her face and now her underarms smell. I have searched the Internet and have seen that it could be Precocious puberty. I would like to know if this is normal?
- How is a food allergy different from a food intolerance?
- What is the treatment for ptsd?
- How long does chickenpox last and how long will it take for the red bumps to disappear?
- I'm a 24-year-old man but when I speak my voice is like that of a woman. I want to know if there is any treatment for this? Thanks
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.