Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
Both. Your question pre-supposes "mind body dualism" a concept that arose before we understood that the brain is the organ of the mind. Alzheimer's is a disease of the brain that leads to change in thinking (cognition).
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth runs in my family. Most doctors do not know much about it. Where do you think I can get the best help for my son and me?
- My nerologist assest me for CMT but stated i did not have it due to normal nerve conduction test however i have recantly read that sme types have a normal test. Could i still have CMT i have muscle loss on my lower legs and feet with both feet teiste with high arches?
- I suffer acute stomach pains constantly. I cannot digest anything without pain except porridge. Tests have shown my stomach lining is wounded -red welts- reactive haemorrhagical gastritis. My gall-bladder was removed unnecessarily, omeprazole does not help. Nothing seems to help. What else can I do?
- What is the treatment for a Tapeworm?
- My baby had a small rash on her face. It quickly spread, turned red and has blisters. Is this impetigo?
- What's the best way to treat recurring E.coli in the urine?
- My boyfriend is a hypochondriac; he’s always got something that hurts. If it’s not his stomach it's his leg, or his head or something on his skin. He’s always thinking he’s going to die or that he suffers from a very serious illness. How can I help him?
- I think I suffer from social phobia according to what I have read. I don't know what to do or how to talk about it, what can I do?
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.