Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
Both. Your question pre-supposes "mind body dualism" a concept that arose before we understood that the brain is the organ of the mind. Alzheimer's is a disease of the brain that leads to change in thinking (cognition).
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- Until December they are not giving me allergy tests and they have told me to try to not take anything until I have them. I have spent the whole night sneezing and with rinitis and itchy eyes and I am feeling bad. I have a family history with an allergy to fungi. What would you advise me in order to relieve the symptoms?
- two metformin tablets a day give me diarrohhea. is there a substitute medication ?
- What can I take for the hayfever if I am breastfeeding?
- I am getting osteoarthritis in my hands. I am in my 50's. What do you recommend that I do so I can continue to play the piano and do other activities I enjoy?
- For severe sleep apnea is it best to have an operation or to use a mask for sleeping? Is the operation complicated and uncomfortable? Am I right in understanding there are no guaranteed results? Many thanks
- 4 year old had 4 ear infections in both ears last 3 months. Had 4 courses of Amoxicillin during this time. Her ears have been sore and itchy, but no high temperature at all. Finished 4th course of Amoxicillin last week. Ears are not sore but itchy now, still tugging at them. Any advice please thanks
- What is the treatment for a Tapeworm?
- How to get rid of Athelets Foot, I picked it up from a Nail Spa two years ago and I cannot get rid of it?
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.