Question about Alzheimers diseaseIs Alzheimer's a neurological disease or a mental illness?
Both. Your question pre-supposes "mind body dualism" a concept that arose before we understood that the brain is the organ of the mind. Alzheimer's is a disease of the brain that leads to change in thinking (cognition).
See all 3 questions about Alzheimers disease
Other questions answered by Doctoralia's experts:
- Is it true that smoking prevents Alzheimer's?
- How long can a person live with alzheimers?
- My 11 year old son has been diagnosed with a golf ball sized brain tumor in the occipital lobe-after having seizures. The Neurosurgeon would like wants to take a wait and see approach, believing it is a slow growing noncancerous tumor. We know nothing and aren't even sure what questions to ask. What aree the main risks?
- Does Labolife work against HPV? This appears a herbal remedy...
- If I have come out in genital warts, does this also mean I have HPV?
- If a man is a carrier of HPV, can this be cured?
- I have warts between my anus and vagina - Could this be HPV? What else could it be?
- What is the best method of having a small xanthelasma removed?
- What is the best and most effective treatment for xanthelasma?
- I have a small wart on my outer lips but I do not have an appointment to see a gynecologist for more than a month. During this month is there a risk that the wart will increase in size or that complications could develop? Can I continue to have sexual intercourse with my partner? I have always used condoms but this has still happened.
Do you have a question about Alzheimers disease?
Our experts have answered 3 questions about Alzheimers disease.
Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free
- Your question will be published anonymously
- Make it one, clear, medical question
- Be brief
- This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
- Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.
Legal Notice - doctoralia.co.uk - All contents published on Doctoralia are informative, and should never be considered a substitute for medical advice.