Harcourt House-Suite 27 19 Cavendish Square W1G0PL London, Greater London | map
Reviews of Dr. Martin Wade
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to review Dr. Martin Wade.
- B.Med.Sci.University of Tasmania1987
- MB.BS.University of Tasmania1990
- FACDAustralasian College of Dermatology2005
Reference Number: GMC4080323
FeeIndicative prices for private patients (without health insurance).Information submitted on: July 2016
- First visit Dermatology From £ 230
- Subsequent visits Dermatology £ 180
- Allergy testing From £ 120
- Photodynamic therapy From £ 650
- Punch biopsy From £ 650
- Shave biopsy From £ 650
- Skin biopsy From £ 650
- Skin cancer surgery From £ 700
- Skin lesion biopsy From £ 650
- Skin lesion removal From £ 700
- Treatment of warts From £ 180
- Wood's lamp examination
No results found.
Dr. Martin Wade's Answers
1 Experts who agree
0 Grateful patients
Question about Alopecia in men"Some men lose their hair. I have seen lots of commercials about products that can prevent hair loss. Is there any way to truly prevent certain men from going bald?"
The first step is to get an accurate diagnosis to understand what is causing the hair-loss. A Dermatologist that specialises in hair-loss conditions can help with that. If the cause is androgenetic alopecia (male-pattern balding), then the two methods clinically proven to prevent further hair-loss, halt hair-loss, or recover hair already lost, are oral Finasteride, and topical Minoxidil. Both treatments though are taken on an ongoing basis. It is important to have baseline clinical photographs prior to starting treatment, to measure that the treatment is effective. You should speak with a Dermatologist to understand any potential risks and side-effects with both treatment options.
- Thank you 0
- 1 expert agrees
Dr. Martin Wade