Position: Consultant Urologist
Qualifications: MBBS, FRCS(Ireland), FRCS Urol, FEBU, Dip ClinEd
Specialty : Urology
Year qualified : 1991
• Lower Urinary Symptoms and Benign prostate diseases
• Bladder Dysfunction
• Female Incontinence and Female Urology
• Urodynamic Practice
• Urinary Tract infections and painful Bladder conditions
• Paediatric Urology – Clinical and operative service
• Peno-scrotal disorders: Has extensive experience in performing foreskin conserving procedures like prepucioplasty
• Uro-Oncology - Investigating Haematuria and management of Bladder, prostate and Renal cancer
• Management of men with ED
•British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) Full Membership
• American Urological Association (AUA)-International Membership
• European Association of Urology (EAU) - Full Membership
• International Continence Society
• National Association of Clinical Tutors (NACT)
• North of England Urological Society (NEUS)
• British Medical Association (BMA)
• Medical Defense Union (MDU)
Mr Jesuraj qualified in Medicine (MBBS) from Madurai University, South India in 1991. After graduation he pursued surgical Training in General surgery and Paediatric Surgery in Belgium and Ireland. He started his training in Urology in 1997 and had opportunity to work in different units. He gained expertise in different Urological sub-specialities. Mr Jesuraj is serving as a Consultant Urologist in University Hospital of North Tees from October 2010. He is committed to ethical and evidence based practice in Urology. He is an advocate and promoter of establishing full partnership with the patients in decision making.
Mr Jesuraj provides a wide range of Urological service in his NHS and private practice. He has special interests in Bladder dysfunction, Incontinence, Benign prostatic diseases, and Inflammatory diseases of Urinary tract. He has a lead role in Urodynamic practice in his NHS work and is a firm believer in the appropriate use of this investigation to guide the patient selection for invasive treatments. He also provides paediatric Urology service for peno-scrotal, groin and continence problems in children.
He is an active member of British, European and American Urological Associations and is committed to Continuing Medical Education and Development. Mr Jesuraj is a qualified Clinical Educator and he regularly teaches medical students and Junior doctors. He regularly conducts Educational events in Urology for Primary care colleagues in the community because he firmly believes that high standards of care can be achieved only with the help of continuing care and support from colleagues in the Primary care.